Bbm's And #2's

porkbone

From what I've read, the #2's from a few years back are very easy compared to the #2's released in the last year or so. I know some people were doing 10+ reps on the old #2's and could only do a few on the new ones.

What I'm wondering is, where do the more recent #2's stand in comparison with the old #2.5 BBM's? How much harder is an old BBM?

Your asking a ? that porbably has no real answer. Your best bet would be to call Warren and see if the wire diameter changed. My Master is about a 1.9, the spring looks the same but it's a bit narrower. This takes us to the problem of your question...Did BB change or IM? Did they both Change? Is quality controll diff? What are the allowed handle spread variation? Is there a goal for handle spread with either co.? When IM stopped using Warren how did their gripper change? Etc.....

-HH

Porkbone, I have a #2 that is about 1.5 years old, and it is not easy! I also have an old BBM , before they re-arranged the line-up, I would rate it at about a 1.9-2.0, it seems easier, but the actual sweep is much smoother, so I would say they are pretty close. Mike

Almost forgot, like Hammerhead said, the spring diameter on my#2 is.262 and on my BBM it is .260. I measured these with a calibrated micrometer. Mike