Gel Pack

youngun

A few years ago I bought a gel pack for a knee injury and have used it the past couple of years every time I train my hands. The brand is HOT&COLD GEL PACK and its a tube of gel about 2' long and 4" wide that can be put in the microwave or freezer. I got mine in the pharmacy section of my local Wal-Mart for about $12. I put it in the microwave until its hot then squeeze it around in my hands to help warm up before my workouts. I then hold it in between my sets to keep my hands warm throughout my training session. I plan on buying another one to keep frozen and use it for recuperation. I used to put my hands under hot water before I trained but I didn't like the way it softened my hands up before a big gripper workout. It also allows me to take longer rests in between my sets and still keep my hands fresh. Not sure if anyone else uses one of these, but I highly recommend it.

Thanks for this tip Youngun!!

I had been using a heatrub to warm up on my heavy gripping sessions but the ointment leaves the hands slighltly slippery even with chalk.

Jon@han

You're welcome. I don't think it will work any miracles but its definitely convenient. Let me know what you think if you try it. :stuart

I run hot water before every workout on my hands. That gel pack sounds like a great idea.