Jesse Murray

Bill Piche

Congrats Jesse on lifting the "BLOB" welcome aboard

Matt

Holy smokes!? :blink

how old is he?since Rob Hayes was 19 when he got the blob?obviously younger than that?

An insane world :cool

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

Jesse,

What techniques and training methods were most important for you in becoming able to manhandle Blob Barker?

Excellent job.

I will ask it again: HOW OLD IS HE???

Maybe I can get Derek to focus on the Blob and Inch-he is only 17. :D Right now football is consuming his time-

Rick Walker :rock

Mike Sanderson is the youngest CoC at 14 years of age. In fact he was in the same Milo (June 2002) as Jesse who was 15.

David

So Jesse is even younger than I thought ( Ido not read Milo) That makes his gripper and Blob achievments all the more remarkable. Perhaps he is the teenager with the strongest grip in the world?

First of all, thanks a lot to everyone for the congratulations and the knowledge I've gained through this board. You guys kick ass! :rock

I've been bending off and on for a little while and it is enjoyable but I'm not very good at it yet. Best bend unbraced is 7.5"*1/4" CR.

Blob Barker was manhandled through a solid base of strength laid by KTA and other gripper training. The heavy negatives and dynamic thumb exercises really carried over to my wide pinch. When I first got the Blob I knew I was fairly close, so I never really did a lot of specializing on it. Every couple of weeks I'd spend a few days doing negatives and assisted holds. I've had a really busy summer and my equipment hasn't always been available to me, so progess has been slow because of inconsistent training.

I got certified when I was 15. I turned 17 back in May.

I do not have the strongest teenage hands. Going off of what I know I'd say Jason Horne is ahead of me. I MIGHT be stronger with the grippers and wide hand pinching, but he's ahead of me in everything else I believe. Not being humble, just being realistic.

Thanks again for the inspiration

Jesse,

Your words are very kind, and I will show Jason them. True Jason is very gifted in this area, but sometimes he is terrifically lazy in training (and life) and does just what he needs to do. Huh, sounds like many 17 year olds I suppose. But then he will produce the goods at will, like in the recent Amateur grip champs, where he lifted poundages that he had never done before! When it mattered, he moved out of the first gear that he seems to live his life in. Maybe he can lift the blob, but until it's in a contest and he has to lift it, I doubt it! But he is working hard on his biceps right now in response to the girls liking them :)

Oh well, he seems to enjoy life, which is important,

David