Training to close the #3.5 - Questions

ChimpGrip

I’ve closed the #3 multiple times this year and want to begin the path to the 3.5.

For my non-collectible grippers, I’ve got all the COC grippers from the #1 up to the #4, plus a filed 2, 2.5, and 3. And a GHP Level 6. I’ve also got a custom adjustable #3. 

The gap between my regular #3 and both 3.5’s is huge. Both are much heavier. They don’t feel too far off from my #4.

My training since September has consisted of 8 working sets of 4-6 with my filed #2. Somedays I’d do things differently - like stacking (learned from Nathan Holle). And I’d have deload weeks of grip training when my bench press program went into deload. With this training, I was quickly able to close the gap and close the GHP 6 and eventually the #3.

For a grip accessory, I will be doing weighted, thick bar (3” diameter) pull-ups.  I want to work up to 200 pound weighted pull-ups over the course of my new grip training. 

Where do I go from here? 

Edited by ChimpGrip

10 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

I’ve closed the #3 multiple times this year and want to begin the path to the 3.5.

For my non-collectible grippers, I’ve got all the COC grippers from the #1 up to the #4, plus a filed 2, 2.5, and 3. And a GHP Level 6. I’ve also got a custom adjustable #3. 

The gap between my regular #3 and both 3.5’s is huge. Both are much heavier. They don’t feel too far off from my #4.

My training since September has consisted of 8 working sets of 4-6 with my filed #2. Somedays I’d do things differently - like stacking (learned from Nathan Holle). And I’d have deload weeks of grip training when my bench press program went into deload. With this training, I was quickly able to close the gap and close the GHP 6 and eventually the #3.

For a grip accessory, I will be doing weighted, thick bar (3” diameter) pull-ups.  I want to work up to 200 pound weighted pull-ups over the course of my new grip training. 

Where do I go from here? 

Never mind the 3.5.... go into a dark room, and film yourself with a hard  #4..with just a little light shining on you.... and GRIND the handles, all while talking the whole time! I guarantee this will do the trick! The number 4 will fall like a trainer! This scenario will give you the POWER BRUDDA!!

The simplest way is to master the no.3 with reps. Once you get near 10 reps with the no.3 you’ll be in striking range of an 3.5 ...

adding it in at this point and doing some forced reps should put you in a position to instinctively close it in a short time.