Where To Get An Ivanko Supergripper?

kingc_79

where can i get an ivanko supergripper? i can only barely close the coc 1 so i thought i should probably get the supergripper since it has different levels as i gain strength.

PDA sells them on their site (www.fractionalplates.com), also weightlifter's warehouse (www.wwfitness.com) sells them as well, however, I have heard many horror stories their shipping times and support... go with PDA

Get one from PDA. I got mine a week ago. Make sure you order it with an extra spring. 3 springs is the key. It lets you adjust it from 100lbs to 450lbs in 3 pound increments. You will also need to get Barbenders Ivanko Tool application.

Here is the link to it.

http://mathgod.web1000.com/sg/supergripper.html

btw...My total cost plus shipping was 36 bucks.

Not bad for gripper with 120 different settings.

I think that Nathan Holle's secret weapon is the Super Gripper.

i already ordered it from pda earlier. what is Barbenders Ivanko Tool application? i didnt order an extra spring just bc it will be a really long time b4 i will need it. i cant even get the #2 coc closer than an 1/2 in from closing.

Check out Barbenders Supergripper 2 program.

Trust me...You need the 3rd spring.

It gives you way more range.

1 spring gives you 12 strenghts.

2 springs give you 55 strenghts.

and

3 springs give for 120 strenghts to chose from.

IMHO you don't need 3 springs :

1) It's a pain in the a## to put/remove the springs and it's the only way to make use of all the possible settings/strength

2) With 2 springs you've got more than enough increments.

3) The 10/12 position is already a tough one ("365lbs"), no need for the "450lbs" at first :D

Of course it's up to you and the money you want to spend on it.

I agree that one does not need a third spring. However, a third spring would allow "in between" settings that are not possible with fewer springs. Being able to set the ISG to 451 pounds is nice but the setting is useless for most of us mortals. Many people have over 1000 pounds of iron plates in the garage and nobody complains that there is more weight than the owner could deadlift.

Micro-weights are not needed either but nobody complains if the micro-weights are in the same room as a stack of 100-pound plates. Try to think of the third spring as a micro loading tool.

Adding and subtracting springs may be a hassle but it should not be much worse than loading and unloading plates on a bar.

The calculators I wrote are free to download, use, and distribute. The three-spring calculator was inspired by a post on this board. I wanted to see for myself the setting possiblities a third spring would offer as well offer the grip community something beyond Cliff Stamp's two-spring tables. The operation of the calculator also had to rival looking up values in a table or spreadsheet so that the two-spring users could use it quickly and efficiently. I set the default spring count to two with the idea that more people would be using two springs instead of three. In newer versions I reworked the code so that given a spring setting, the spring count can be changed, then tabbing to the track bar will give the next highest setting for the new spring count. For example, say we have a two-spring setting at 2 and 10 giving us 169.62 pounds of tension. To find the next highest setting from 169.62 but with three springs, select three springs then press the tab key until the track bar has focus. The result shows spring settings at 2, 4, and 8 with 170.205 pounds of tension. If the tension list is showing, hiding the list will put focus on the trackbar giving us the same result without using the tab key.

I agree that one does not need a third spring. However, a third spring would allow "in between" settings that are not possible with fewer springs. Being able to set the ISG to 451 pounds is nice but the setting is useless for most of us mortals. Many people have over 1000 pounds of iron plates in the garage and nobody complains that there is more weight than the owner could deadlift.

Micro-weights are not needed either but nobody complains if the micro-weights are in the same room as a stack of 100-pound plates. Try to think of the third spring as a micro loading tool.

Adding and subtracting springs may be a hassle but it should not be much worse than loading and unloading plates on a bar.

The calculators I wrote are free to download, use, and distribute. The three-spring calculator was inspired by a post on this board. I wanted to see for myself the setting possiblities a third spring would offer as well offer the grip community something beyond Cliff Stamp's two-spring tables. The operation of the calculator also had to rival looking up values in a table or spreadsheet so that the two-spring users could use it quickly and efficiently. I set the default spring count to two with the idea that more people would be using two springs instead of three. In newer versions I reworked the code so that given a spring setting, the spring count can be changed, then tabbing to the track bar will give the next highest setting for the new spring count. For example, say we have a two-spring setting at 2 and 10 giving us 169.62 pounds of tension. To find the next highest setting from 169.62 but with three springs, select three springs then press the tab key until the track bar has focus. The result shows spring settings at 2, 4, and 8 with 170.205 pounds of tension. If the tension list is showing, hiding the list will put focus on the trackbar giving us the same result without using the tab key.

how can i get access to these calculators your talking about? thanks for the tips