Closing A #4 This Year

OldGuy

do you predict the #4 being closed this year  

90 members have voted

1. 1. do you predict the #4 being closed this year

• Yes the #4 will be closed by one or more persons this year
    • No it will not be closed before the year's end

I am not aware of anyone who is devoting all their training energy to closing a #4. Someone who is training just for grippers and doing no other heavy grip work such as thickbar and pinchgrip. It seems that only intense gripper specialization will get the job done.

I had heard that Nathan Holle had already closed one and needed witness... but rumors and guessing happen often in the strength world...

Regardless, that guy has scary mitts, and I think he could... anyone want to donate a KTA Subscription and send it to Wales?

Several guys are knocking on the door and may well go on to closing a #4, but will they close it this year? Are any of them only training to close the 4 to the exclusion of all other grip training?

I assume what you are really interested in is a certification on the #4? I think that one or more may have already been closed but not under the conditions necessary for certification by IM.

MM

Edited by supersqueeze

I have not seen any attempts made by Heath. Maybe he has touched the handles but not consistently?

I have seen Tommy and Daves's attempts though and believe one or both will close #4 this year. I wish them luck. Especially the skinny guy. :)

You guys have fired me up. Add my name to the list of those training for it. I'm gonna give myself three months then start serious training for next years IG.

Hey Oldguy, changed your mind again!  :laugh

Changed my mind again? I never stated my opinion one way or the other just started a poll that needs to be removed now!

Sorry to be pernickity Oldguy...

#4 - Ironmind Needs A 3.5 - Quote OIdguy:

'Interestingly, many including myself, predicted that this year several people would close a #4. With nearly 8 months gone, that has not yet happened. I am now revising my prediction, and saying that it will not happen this year.'

.....I still respect my elders though :blush

Digz

I tried to get out of that one, but I never read my own posts! At least I was very topical. No sooner had I started the poll, someone(Nathan Holle ) gets certified. He had until the end of the year. Talk about timing.

I predict that one of these Crush Monsters will also close it by the end of the year :D

Heath,Tommy,Dave,Craig Holle,maybe even MOBSTER.

YOOO!!

I'm working on a new RB 300ip gripper (as hard as a PDA 520ip rated beast). I can do reps with a narrow set beast but only get the normal 300ip down to a 1/4 inch. I have a rock like 330ip in stock and that's next.

Tip: don't get the chromed ones get the plain!!

PS: enjoyed our chat this PM Gazza :)