Strength And Speed

Bill Piche

Since Oldtimer is Dale Harder, I wonder Dale if you can share with us how the closing of a #4 is documented in your book?

Tom to buy a copy of "Strength and Speed" you may order it from:

Education Plus, 18584 Carlwyn Dr., Castro Valley CA 94546-2032. It's 356 pages including photos and drawings. The price is $29.95 plus $4 shipping & handling. If you'll send me your email address I'll scan a blurb to you.

Dale :yikes

Wanna,

Dale's book is done on a "points" system, the more difficult a certain feat is the more impressive it is, and the more points it is given on the scale.

The scale is based on all sorts of data given like: age of person, bodyweight of person, sex (M or F), # of people who have done the feat, difficulty of the feat itself, etc.

For example: in Dale's book, Kinney's feat of closing the #4 gripper rates in at 900 points. Mac Batchelor's one-handed pinch grip lift of 163 pounds comes in at 920 points. Elizabeth Talbot's closing of the #2 gripper rates in at 707 points. Joe Kinney's son, at age 12, closing the #1 gripper rates in at 814 points.

Syber,

Thanks for the plug. However, those things come from another book of mine called "Sports Comparisons...You Can Compare Apple to Oranges". I'm sold out of that one--perhaps Iron Mind has some copies left. My "Strength and Speed" book is about records by bodyweight, age, and even height. Also record progressions. It's kind of like a Guinness Book except it's focused only on strength and speed records--weightlifting, grip, powerlifting, highland games, strongman, track & field (especially the throws), pullups, etc. and interesting details about many of the performers their age, height, weight, and stories about them. Re: Bill's request to document Kinney--I believe he should ask Randy Strossen to provide details of that one. Congratulations to Nathan Holle--it sounds like this one is going to be thoroughly documented. I guess the referee would have been David Webster. Glad you have my comparisons book. All the best.

• 3 weeks later...

Youngguy,

IMHO.... you would get additional points for your age of course, being as young as you are and being a certified COC. Points wise: probably up there with Elizabeth Talbots feat of closing the #2.