Pda Sos Grippers?

Digdogz

Just to ask if anyone has these in their collection?

All that waffle on the Pda site I can't make head nor tail of it, yeah I get the gist but I'm just wanting to find out if they

A, Ship to the UK.

B, Where they lie against COCs and the likes.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Digz.

I got a 280 and it is a great gripper, about a 2.8. PDA's SOS grippers look very similar to Tettings grippers. Don't know their shipping policy, talk to 'em.

Finally, I know I've said this a few times in the past but here it goes: There is a really neat feature on this board called "SEARCH". You will find a lot of information in previous posts about whatever you are trying to get information about including PDA and their products. I have personally used this option countless times to learn about everyting I have equipment wise, training etc....

Woah there Hammerhead, thanks for the info but I be search master! It seems that the search facility on this site has been altered in the sense of what sense one can make of the 'new' results. Wannagrip? Can you answewr this?

It seems to me the old search facility was better??? IMO

Why are Pda's grippers only $7.95??

Cheers,

Digz.

My deepest apologies oh Search Master. :bow:bow:laugh (almost sounds like a gripper name)'

I havent used the search since the format switch so good luck with it.

BTW $7.95 is the shipping price the gripper I belive has been reduced to about $19. I don not know it that shipping price will apply over seas. :unsure

The one they are offering now is supposed to be in-between a 3 and 4.

-HH

PDA News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Multiple Updates -- Posted by PDA on Saturday, August 9 2003

Please Note: We are currently shipping overseas via Postal Express Mail. It is the only viable method we have found. It is quick (3 days into most countries before your Customs and Postal services take over), reliable, insured, trackable online, and expensive. Typically, a Super Gripper going overseas costs an additional $32-36 (vs. $7.95 on the U.S. Mainland). We regret we cannot accept Canadian credit cards and do not ship to Canada.

Fellow grippers:

As a newcomer to this site, I have been impressed by two things. First, there is a lot of good information shared, though everyone needs to test it out against his own experience. Second, there is a surprising amount of bad-mouthing going on, particularly against the guys selling grip products. Having spoken with most of them, I've found them helpful and honest. They are also open to suggestions and are available to answer questions. All you have to do is ask.

Considering all the flack John Szymanski (PDA) gets on the GripBoard, I'm amazed he continues to participate. His site has a wealth of information, although it is fairly complicated at times. John often talks like an engineer, but he's happy to answer questions, as his recent post demonstrates. The confusion about where the .295 sits in relationship to Iron Mind grippers is easily remedied by reading the SOS page. It's between a #3 and #4, as you would expect from the spring size. How far in between will vary with so many things that it makes no sense to say anything other than "try it yourself and see".

One of the differences between John and many others is that he's done a lot of testing and thinking from a scientific point of view and concluded that being scientific about grippers is like squeezing a cloud. The only thing you need to do either is an active imagination. Nothing wrong with that, unless you get angry about insisting your fantasy trumps someone else's. What say we lighten up a little?

Chris Ryan

I find this board tends to be very favorable to PDA. In fact I have used this Board for information to purchase PDA products. All of the products I have from them are outstanding and the customer service cannot be beat. To be honest I don't know what your talking about. I reread this thread and found nothing negative about PDA. :unsure

I find this board tends to be very favorable to PDA. In fact I have used this Board for information to purchase PDA products. All of the products I have from them are outstanding and the customer service cannot be beat. To be honest I don't know what your talking about. I reread this thread and found nothing negative about PDA.

Same here. Most of us buy both Ironmind and PDA products. Many of us disagree about which are the best grippers, but PDA, Ironmind, Tetting and Baraban all make very nice ones.

I have the .280 gripper and have ordered a .295. PDA is always my first choice to buy equipment from. I also buy from Ironmind. Nobody has succeeded in making pefect grippers that are consistent in every way. If they were able to, no doubt they would not be as cheap as they are now. PDA provides a custom service as well as off the shelf. They listen and respond to their customers more than Ironmind does. I still say that Iromind is an excellent company. We are fortunate that anyone is making the odd and unusual equipment that we love to train with.

Considering all the flack John Szymanski (PDA) gets on the GripBoard, I'm amazed he continues to participate.
:erm

Of all sources, PDA seems to be viewed most highly here...

OK, guys. I stand corrected. Looking over the past posts on PDA, there seem to be only a couple of individuals who don't like John's gripper calibration results. His conclusion was that, for now, huge variability in grippers is inevitable. I believe he has made an important contribution, and it looks like most of the responses here are in agreement. Sorry to throw a rock at the hornet's nest.

Woah there Hammerhead, thanks for the info but I be search master! It seems that the search facility on this site has been altered in the sense of what sense one can make of the 'new' results. Wannagrip? Can you answewr this?

It seems to me the old search facility was better??? IMO

Why are Pda's grippers only $7.95??

Cheers,

Digz.

No, it was not.

Try the MORE OPTIONS button. Sheesh.

The search is HIGHLY enhanced now due to it doing a FULL text search.

Software getting blamed for lack of ability is often user incompetence in using it.

There. I changed the default screen so you don't have to hit the MORE OPTIONS button and make the default the advanced search. :rolleyes