The Prince of Mid-Bar is Back and Coming for the Crown

vikingsrule92

8/24: Braced Bending

I'm not quite sure how I'm able to type this. THIS is my kind of volume workout

60dx1

12" Galvanized

9" Galvanized - 20-30 degrees. I think working chest and tri's was a bad idea shortly before a braced workout for short bar

9.5" Galvanized - TOUGH but done

3/8" x 8" HRS Square - Tiny kink, yeah the tri's aren't healed, time for mid-bar ...

1/2" x 20" HRS - Easy

1/2" x 18" HRS - Easy

1/2" x 16" HRS - Tougher but mostly the knee pain

5/8" x 30" HRS - HELLO DARKNESS MY OLD FRIEND

5/8" x 28" HRS - Not hard. Didn't even have to use the crotch pull

1/4"x1" x 14" Flat HRS - Not hard at all

1/4"x1" x 12" Flat HRS - Tough but considering this is the 11teenth bend this is cause for optimism

Blob Work (all 30#, only blob left from the old collection)

x 10 per hand

Tosses from hand to hand

Toss from face to flat (never did this much before, it was fun)

Static holds x15s Right, 25s Left, 13s Right, 15s Left

I wanted to post this workout in the bending forum for a few reasons.

1. I'm coming for the mid-bar crown. It won't be tomorrow but I'm finally re-focused on bending and I won't stop until I'm at least beating that schmuck Rindo (love ya @Mike Rinderle)

2. Can someone with flat experience tell me what is a good bend at 1/4"x1"? Also what is a good mid-length size to buy? This is the biggest I had bought a decade ago and it seems like I may be done with short bar lengths on it soon enough.

3. What is the best progression towards a Goliath in flat bar? @camz can you advise?

4. Does anyone have a source for 18mm round? Seems like a Europe thing or it may not even exist.

40080814_307592819791795_4991065676593496064_n.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, vikingsrule92 said:

1. I'm coming for the mid-bar crown. It won't be tomorrow but I'm finally re-focused on bending and I won't stop until I'm at least beating that schmuck Rindo (love ya @Mike Rinderle)

2. Can someone with flat experience tell me what is a good bend at 1/4"x1"? Also what is a good mid-length size to buy? This is the biggest I had bought a decade ago and it seems like I may be done with short bar lengths on it soon enough.

3. What is the best progression towards a Goliath in flat bar? @camz can you advise?

4. Does anyone have a source for 18mm round? Seems like a Europe thing or it may not even exist.

40080814_307592819791795_4991065676593496064_n.jpg

Haha!  You getting ahead of me, might be the one and only thing that could bring me out of retirement.  🤣

Best of strength buddy!

• Haha 1

On 8/24/2018 at 8:27 PM, vikingsrule92 said:

Haha! Great!

1. I am cheering for both of you! 😄 And I am excited to see your results! What is your goal bar?

2. I have no idea, as I have very little experience in the mid-length range. For warm up I usually bend some spikes (as this is another weak-point...) and then go for the big bars... For the mid-length sizes I will have to readjust some techniques. But as said before, first there are other projekts waiting!

3. The Goliath was my second long bar I ever tried. One week before, I bent a 3/8"x1.5" (or to be precise: 10x40mm) at the same length as the Goliath... So go with this one. With your strength, the Goliath shouldn't be a problem.

4. 18mm is a standard size in Europe. Don't know if you have a similar size in the US.

Have fun and good luck with it!

• 2 months later...

I tried to improve my mid-length-performance the last couple of weeks. This is a bend from the weekend:

Wasn't limit. Let's see what's next... Unfortunatley we don't have 19mm (3/4") stock in Europe, so I will cut down the 18mm bars...

• Like 1