Two Different Types Of Blobs?

Jedd Johnson

There is a Heath Sexton video in the gallery that mentions two types of blobs - The "Sorin Original 50-lb Blob" and the "Bollenbach Blob"

1. Which Blob is which?

2. Do they both weigh 50-lbs +/-?

3. What is the Disturbed song playing in the background in the video?

4. From where do the names of the two blobs originate?

5. Will both of these blobs be at the Battle for Grip Supremacy?

Thank you very much. This bit of blob trivia is a mystery to me.

Jedd,

The Sorin Original is the short wide blob, and the Bollenbach blob is the thinner and taller one. The Bollenbach blob is half of a 100 pound dumbbell that was given to Pat Povilaitis by Bob Bollenbach, of Bollenbach's gym in Monroe, New York. Bob's gym has produced multiple certified CoC's. Both blobs have been weighed, and both are a shade over 50 pounds. The song you hear I believe is "Down With The Sickness." I think Richard Sorin gave The Blob its name, because it is just that, a blob. I think you have already figured out why the Bollenbach blob got its name. Hopefully there is no more blob mystery.

Thanks for the blob input.

However, that song is not even close to Down with the Sickness.

I respectfully disagree. That song is definitely by Disturbed, but it is not "down with the sickness." Unless there are two versions, the song I hear is actually being played at the gym where the feat is being done.

I can't make out all the lyrics, but I do hear clips, such as "breakin' through the walls of your nightmare," "outside you'll die," "there is no compromising it," "they took from me...", and then he fully deadlifts both types of blobs, the other dudes filming start talking, and it gets tough to make out.

Those sound clips are not in any version of "down with the sickness" that i have heard.

Anyone else have a guess?

I'll take Droppin Plates for $1000.......

It is by Disturbed and it rules!

The York. Bob's blob is hard, but the York is worse.

It's a good song...