Strong Man

Strong Man

Does anybody know Martin Muhr a german strong man compete's in WSM, well we've been talking about grip and i mentioned the IM coc grippers and he knew what they were not only did he know he can close #3 and get Millimeters with #4.

IM coc grippers and he knew what they were not only did he know he can close #3 and get Millimeters with #4.

I'm sure he knew what they were, and I'm not doubting the guy is very strong, but how did he know this? Has he closed it and got it to millimeters, or does he think he can do this?

well he said he CLOSED #3 and came millimeters with #4 i beleieve him.

Ya know... if I had a nickel for EVERY WSM competitor who claimed they have closed the #3, and were a hair or two from closing the #4..... :dry

don't you beleive him?

Honestly, no I don't.

And yes... I have been on other forums where they are talking about a certain WSM competitor that I've never even heard of before claiming that THEY have, in fact, closed the #4 gripper! :ohmy Gee, there was one (no names, please) that supposedly posted this fact on his website. O.K., so I went over to his website, and guess what? Nothing there about it.

Lots of talk about "so-and-so" closing the #4. And that's what it turns out to be... just talk.

I have to get to know somone to beleive them. I don't take anything for granted. Stefan if you told me your closed the #3 i'd beleive you,but if some WSM came up to me and said he's closed a #3 I'd be skeptical let alone almsot clsoing a #4.

yeah i guess, but when you can DL around 900lbs must have some kind of hand strength.

Guest gripmaster316

Maybe your right Snot... My brother emailed him and he blatantly said he closed the 3. Frankly, if he was flat out lying I'd be rather pissed.

Edited by gripmaster316

Snott I believe your refering too Magnus Samuelson. It's posted on his sight in swedeish writing. Also I beleive Magnus is the real deal as do a few others who know what there talking abot. I talked to Dr. Strossen a few months back and asked about Magnus' grip. Randy never gets excited on the phone with me about peoples grip but Magnus was different. He said years bak after a tough strongaman show Magnus destroyed a #3 for multiple in each no set. Richard Sorin also mentioned that Magnus did the same thing in Atlanta I beleive it was. And after he was done with the #3 he gave the #4 a playful squeze with no set and put it down to about a 1/4. He also ''played'' with the Inch there. As for Muhr some type of proof would be nice. At least people and some fairly trust worthy ones at that have seen the power of Magnus' hands.

i already asked him for proof, i'm just waiting for it cause if he really wants to he could get certifed he's friends with manfred horberl.

yeah i guess, but when you can DL around 900lbs must have some kind of hand strength.

True, you have great supporting strength. Ed Coan has pulled over 900, I think he can't close a #2.

Magnus is the real dela I believe. Like Matt, I was talking to Dr. Strossen and he got really fired up talking about Magnus's grip.

ok ok you all make good points thats why i'm trying to get proof, and snott you probably wont beleive me but Jokua Holla first time trying the #3 he got around 1/8 even closer ever heard that.

...he doesn't pull 900 either. He was around 800 at WSM two years ago in the max dead event. Nice guy though - also very athletic and strong. He only lacks an overhead press because of a torn up shoulder early in his career.

Guest gripmaster316

Actually Wade he has done a little more than that. If I recall him and Reinhart Sauter pulled 1705 pounds at the 2001 all-strength nations challenge in 2001. I can't remember if it was a stiff-legged deadlift or not.

Edited by gripmaster316