Captains Of Crunch Trainer And #1

Guest Junior

Guest Junior

Hi All

First post here :

I tried the trainer today and managed to squeeze out 15 with my right and 12 with my left. Ordered the trainer and #1 - any tips for a begginer !!

Appreciate it !!

Brendan

:rock

Well I would suggest KTA, give it a try and see how you like it

Matt

Nice Job Junior. Try working the grippers for 3 to 5 sets higher reps for the first few weeks maybe 3 times a week. Once you get comfortable with them go to an heavier program. Negatives very heavy singles and doubles with a few sets of reps. If your looking for the ultimate in pure crush strength buy KTA.

welcome to the board :cool definetly give kta a try if you are serious about gettin a serious crushing grip... i've only been on it for 2 weeks now but the results have been great so far... :rock

well if you looking to close the #1 i would do strap holds, straps holds are really good for the last gap

Two words STRAP HOLDS

Guest Junior

Hi Guys - thanks for the welcome !!

I managed 25 with my right in 30 seconds yesterday but haven't trained my left - flared up an old rugby injury.

What are starp holds and negatives ??

Cheers

Brendan

;)

Type 'em in to the search facility and you will get all the older posts on these training methods. Read all them threads and you will join us in enlightenment! :D

Digz

Read all them threads and you will join us in enlightenment! :D

well put :cool

strap holds are you get a strap and put it into the gripper as far as you closed it and put 2.5lbs on the strap and then when you can do that for more than 15sec stack on another 2.5lbs. for the strap i use belts i find they work for me

Ok Junior itz no problem.

Negatives are where you take your hardest gripper, the one you are eventually meaning to close, and you squeeze the very life out of it for as long as possible.

You can use your other hand or your thigh etc to help gets those handles as close as possible and then hang on for the ride :whacked

You could start doing 2 sets of 3 negatives for as long as you can maybe about twice a week. Your training schedule should be what you feel you are most up to. I am right now on daily training and this, for me, has helped a great deal. But it is up to you to experiment and find your rhythm.

If you need any clarification then just ask.

Digdogz.

Haha no not Bruce Lee's.... mine!

Nah joke on you, I got it from some Wushu martial arts site, thats another of my passions.

Good luck on the training

Digz.