Sledgehammer wrist pronation

This - and the other way (done with arm on the floor) are standard events in the Gripmas Medley.

6 minutes ago, climber511 said:

This - and the other way (done with arm on the floor) are standard events in the Gripmas Medley.

Chris

I’ve seen them done on the floor... just never in the standing position like this. As I was going Down with this the amount of force it took to stop the hammer from going below 90 degrees was brutal!! 

Joe

Yep a good exercise.  You need to try out my "Wrist Thingy" some time.

Edited by climber511
  • Like 3

Joe try to keep your elbow tucked into your side to isolate the wrist a lot more versus flaring the elbow out. 

22 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Joe try to keep your elbow tucked into your side to isolate the wrist a lot more versus flaring the elbow out. 

I can do that for the first rep. I will try that next time bruttthhaaaaa

Edited by Guest

20 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

That’s an ingenious device

6 hours ago, climber511 said:

Yep a good exercise.  You need to try out my "Wrist Thingy" some time

That looks amazing. I like that it keeps the force even for the full range. I think I need to try building one.

Just now, terryt3o3 said:

That looks amazing. I like that it keeps the force even for the full range. I think I need to try building one.

2nd time trying these. Brutal!! Can see these snapping someone’s wrist pretty easily

40 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

2nd time trying these. Brutal!! Can see these snapping someone’s wrist pretty easily

You need to treat it as a "training lift" instead of a "feat of strength".  Use a weight that you can control for reps - not something you wonder if you can do it at all.

I made a handle that when held in a neutral wrist position the weight is angled at about 45 deg from vertical so there is pressure even at neutral for AW starting position. 

34 minutes ago, climber511 said:

You need to treat it as a "training lift" instead of a "feat of strength".  Use a weight that you can control for reps - not something you wonder if you can do it at all.

I have a 6 pounder that I can Do all day long.

6 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

I made a handle that when held in a neutral wrist position the weight is angled at about 45 deg from vertical so there is pressure even at neutral for AW starting position. 

It’s like this one right? I made this one for 15 bucks. 

Very strong Joe!!

22 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

It’s like this one right? I made this one for 15 bucks. 

yes sir!!

Well, I put my elbow on a bench...

2 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Very strong Joe!!

Thanks Mike. I’m getting mixed reviews . Lots of ways to try this next time. Plan to smash it in all ways recommended.

49 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Thanks Mike. I’m getting mixed reviews . Lots of ways to try this next time. Plan to smash it in all ways recommended.

The advantage to my and your tools is the resistance trough-out the entire rotation

10 minutes ago, climber511 said:

The advantage to my and your tools is the resistance trough-out the entire rotation

I love levering so much that I mix it up with various approaches. I really like your invention Chris! Very innovative!!

• 3 months later...