165.8 lbs on the Titan 2.5" Spinning Handle of Slippery Snot

Mike Rinderle

Handle has a very slick enamel coating and spins similar to a crusher.  Won't hold chalk and is 2.5" in diameter.  I love it.  Hoping it equates to a big PR next time I get my hands on a Crusher.  

Here's my PR from today.  

165.8 on snot handle

• Like 4

Maybe you need the chalk whisperer to get his hands on it 👊

• Like 1

The Whisperer is good for 20 lbs on any lift!

I tried chalk on this thing and it just slipped right out of my hand with 155.  It's literally enamel.  

6 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Awesome job Michael!llll 

Thanks Joseph!  Need to get going if I'm going to stay close to you.

1 hour ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Thanks Joseph!  Need to get going if I'm going to stay close to you.

You’re already there brother!!!

2 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

You’re already there brother!!!

I don't expect you to stand still.  😉

Strong pull CEO of Rows, Inc.!!! I like your description of the handle almost as much as your high quality pull:)

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Strong pull CEO of Rows, Inc.!!! I like your description of the handle almost as much as your high quality pull:)

I really have no idea why they coated it like this, but it definitely adds a whole new level of difficulty.  It spins really freely too.  I'm thinking that you would get 10-15lb more on a seasoned crusher.  Plus, it was only $30 shipped.  Titan's prices are ridiculously low for the quality.  Not sure how the stay in business.  #winning

• Like 1

On 5/11/2018 at 9:02 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

I really have no idea why they coated it like this, but it definitely adds a whole new level of difficulty.  It spins really freely too.  I'm thinking that you would get 10-15lb more on a seasoned crusher.  Plus, it was only $30 shipped.  Titan's prices are ridiculously low for the quality.  Not sure how the stay in business.  #winning

Knowing how much materials and shipping is I have no idea how they make any profit at all. Free shipping on stuff like an axle bar which is usually $30+ to ship anywhere is unreal. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Knowing how much materials and shipping is I have no idea how they make any profit at all. Free shipping on stuff like an axle bar which is usually $30+ to ship anywhere is unreal. 

Yea, I think the 7' axle I got from them was $49 shipped.  Weighs 30lbs.  I'm a General Manager for a large logistics company.  We would charge more than $49 to deliver that within 100 miles.  🤔

Maybe it's some billionaire who is pissed off at the industry who said, fork the money, lets price everything so low it hurts all of the big companies like ROGUE, IM, Elitefts, etc.

Stranger things have happened. 

On 5/11/2018 at 9:02 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

Awesome lifting Mike! I also bought this handle and the 2" version. Way too cheap to pass up. No idea why they put that enamel on it. It would be even cheaper for them (and better for us) to leave it as bare metal. 

Edited by FrankD

29 minutes ago, FrankD said:

Awesome lifting Mike! I also bought this handle and the 2" version. Way to cheap to pass up. No idea why they put that enamel on it. It would be even cheaper for them (and better for us) to leave it as bare metal. 

Fact!

How do your numbers compare on this to a 2.5 crusher or rolling thunder, Frank?  I've only ever touched those a few times in contests. Tough for me to gauge.  I would think, the slippery coating makes this tougher.

2 hours ago, Mike Rinderle said:

Fact!

How do your numbers compare on this to a 2.5 crusher or rolling thunder, Frank?  I've only ever touched those a few times in contests. Tough for me to gauge.  I would think, the slippery coating makes this tougher.

Yes, the slippery definitely coating makes it harder for me. It doesn't hold very much chalk if any, while my 2.5" FBBC Crusher chalks up nicely. The handle on the FBBC handle is nicely seasoned, with rust-patina look and feel to it. They season pretty quickly just with regular use.  I was thinking about taking the coat off the Titan Fitness handle, but then again, it could be a good training tool for the actual 2.5" Crusher. 

As far as comparison, Mike, I would estimate the slick Titan handle takes a good 8-12 lbs off what I could do with my 2.5" crusher. The RT doesn't chalk very well either,  but I can lift much more on that, than either of the 2.5" handles, simply due to the smaller diameter. I don't have the newest RT, which I hear is harder than older RT models- just to make things even more confusing! I have the one that was made around 2012.

I'd be happy to loan you any of these if you want to do a comparison. Just let me know!

Edited by FrankD

4 hours ago, FrankD said:

Yes, the slippery definitely coating makes it harder for me. It doesn't hold very much chalk if any, while my 2.5" FBBC Crusher chalks up nicely. The handle on the FBBC handle is nicely seasoned, with rust-patina look and feel to it. They season pretty quickly just with regular use.  I was thinking about taking the coat off the Titan Fitness handle, but then again, it could be a good training tool for the actual 2.5" Crusher. 

As far as comparison, Mike, I would estimate the slick Titan handle takes a good 8-12 lbs off what I could do with my 2.5" crusher. The RT doesn't chalk very well either,  but I can lift much more on that, than either of the 2.5" handles, simply due to the smaller diameter. I don't have the newest RT, which I hear is harder than older RT models- just to make things even more confusing! I have the one that was made around 2012.

I'd be happy to loan you any of these if you want to do a comparison. Just let me know!

Thanks Frank.  May take you up on that after Nationals. 

• Like 1