Inch dumbbell, blob, Becca coc #2.5 CCS

Paul Savage

Had a play around with the inch dumbbell and the blob after the European grip championships (finished 2nd in 105kg+). They both felt surprisingly easy considering was just a bit of fun after the contest and I've not done any training for them. 

Becca did David Horne's #2.5 gripper with ccs set judged strict by Jerome Bloom. Then she did some lifts of the baby inch (54kg) and 64kg inch, finishing with a 13 second hold on the baby. Again no specific training for the dumbbells so good signs.

• Like 6

Amazing Paul. Becca is becoming stronger everyday

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Savage said:

Had a play around with the inch dumbbell and the blob after the European grip championships (finished 2nd in 105kg+). They both felt surprisingly easy considering was just a bit of fun after the contest and I've not done any training for them. 

Becca did David Horne's #2.5 gripper with ccs set judged strict by Jerome Bloom. Then she did some lifts of the baby inch (54kg) and 64kg inch, finishing with a 13 second hold on the baby. Again no specific training for the dumbbells so good signs.

Becca is AMAZING! Puts a lot of STRONG DUDES to SHAME! 

7 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Amazing Paul. Becca is becoming stronger everyday

Thank you :) very happy with my progress and excited to see where i end up :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, jvance said:

Great stuff, thanks for posting. She killed that gripper especially thru the sweep.

The sweep is definitely easier for me :) working on that last bit of crush at the end by using thinner handled grippers to really solidify the close :)

Thanks for your kind words :) hope its not too long before i send ironmind the message!! 

6 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Becca is AMAZING! Puts a lot of STRONG DUDES to SHAME! 

still a long way to go :) im only just beginning and definitely have some big goals in mind :)

9 hours ago, BeccaRoberts said:

The sweep is definitely easier for me :) working on that last bit of crush at the end by using thinner handled grippers to really solidify the close :)

Thanks for your kind words :) hope its not too long before i send ironmind the message!! 

Fantastic work CCS closing the #2.5, Becca!!!  That was truly amazing.  I really hope you go through with the cert on it this year. 

3 hours ago, bencrush said:

Fantastic work CCS closing the #2.5, Becca!!!  That was truly amazing.  I really hope you go through with the cert on it this year. 

Thank you for your kind words :)

it wont be too long until we email ironmind. I want to be in a position where i can either certify the 2.5 with both hands or have a good go at the 3. 

im no where near peaked at the moment and that was my first ccs close in maybe 5 months so still have a lot of technique to practice yet :)

will hopefully be getting a gripper soon to bridge the gap between the coc 2 and 2.5 to do some heavier rep work before i dial it down to singles/doubles but of course all my programming comes from paul :). 

• Like 1

Might not work any better doing low reps with a CC set. I was at my strongest in grippers with a 20mm block when I only did relatively high reps TNS. I keep ignoring this, believing that if I repeat the same mistake over and over again (training 1-3 reps with a narrower set) I will somehow get a different outcome. 

• Like 1