Fun drill to fry the wrist. If you have multiple hammers

Thought of this last night to try and spice up the training. Go up the ladder. Wrist got burnt quick. Didn’t think to descend the ladder back down!! Will do that next week. This is with my injured left hand to try and get some stimulation while minimizing usage of the finger. Could not do the 20 without too much  middle finger action. Have fun with it!

Nice hammer collection! This is a great idea, reminds of Herman Goerner's kettlebell workout "the chain". Basically he ran the rack of bells doing a clean, press, curl, and press or some sort of similar complex.

• Like 1

Strong levering Joe! Can you mess up your gym a tad bit it looks so organized:)

12 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Strong levering Joe! Can you mess up your gym a tad bit it looks so organized:)

Ha ha ha dude I have to fix it up after every workout because I throw stuff around. It’s a never ending battle when you go on from one exercise to the next. My wife the one that complains to keep it neatHa ha ha dude I have to fix it up after every workout because I throw stuff around. It’s a never ending battle when you go on from one exercise to the next. My wife the one that complains to keep it neat

1 hour ago, Andrew Dube said:

Nice hammer collection! This is a great idea, reminds of Herman Goerner's kettlebell workout "the chain". Basically he ran the rack of bells doing a clean, press, curl, and press or some sort of similar complex.

I knew this complex would be Andrew Dube approved! Actually thought of you when I did this! Complexes like this and a lot of spice to your training! 

Wow, that was with your injured hand!? Dude, your wrists are made of steel! Very strong work!

3 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Wow, that was with your injured hand!? Dude, your wrists are made of steel! Very strong work!

Thanks Dave! Was happy I can still do this. Didn’t use my middle finger during it. 

21 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

@Andrew Dube I did the back down the ladder this time.... right after going up.... at the end of my workout.... KILLER BRO!!!

I bet that was killer, nice job

Big Baad Joe- You are a sledge machine!!

22 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

@Andrew Dube I did the back down the ladder this time.... right after going up.... at the end of my workout.... KILLER BRO!!!

Going to give this a try on Sunday at Robs. Between us, we should be able to set up hammers from 6 -16lb in 2lb jumps. 

3 hours ago, Andrew Dube said:

Going to give this a try on Sunday at Robs. Between us, we should be able to set up hammers from 6 -16lb in 2lb jumps. 

You gonn a love it! I went up-and-down the ladder each arm three times as a finisher! That alone was enough of a workout! Totally fried.

Here ya go big Joe! Went up and down on the second set but my wrists were toast by then! @Rob McMurren

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

Here ya go big Joe! Went up and down on the second set but my wrists were toast by then! @Rob McMurren

That was awesome Dubester!!! I like how you alternated hands! Time saver! I loved that plate loadable hammer! Did you outfit that bad boy????

24 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

That was awesome Dubester!!! I like how you alternated hands! Time saver! I loved that plate loadable hammer! Did you outfit that bad boy????

Thanks! Time saver and the other hand gets a little rest! Yep I welded up this hammer. Machined up some 1lb and 1/2lb weights for loading it up too.

3 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

Thanks! Time saver and the other hand gets a little rest! Yep I welded up this hammer. Machined up some 1lb and 1/2lb weights for loading it up too.

Sweet. A 12 pounder originally? I’d like to do that to my 20

47 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Sweet. A 12 pounder originally? I’d like to do that to my 20

An eight originally. Personally I wouldn't use a 20. I think a smaller hammer is better since you can always add weight to it and sometimes other people might want to use it. Remember not everyone is a strong as you! I'm sure Luke could weld one up for you

7 minutes ago, Andrew Dube said:

An eight originally. Personally I wouldn't use a 20. I think a smaller hammer is better since you can always add weight to it and sometimes other people might want to use it. Remember not everyone is a strong as you! I'm sure Luke could weld one up for you

That is true my man they will be more versatile! Got to think about others… Yeah he probably could do it no problem! I value your thoughts Andrew!!

• 2 weeks later...