Vincent Rivellese has been added to the Records List. (2x2x35 Plate Pinch).

anwnate

Congrats Vinnie!

• Like 3

Congrats!!

• Like 1

Thanks, guys!  So I have a question for anyone reading:  what would be the most logical next goal for plate pinching: (1) five 10s in one hand (I can do 4, but we didn't have a fifth one to try, and I can see how adding one would be an extreme jump because of the extra width AND need for more friction to keep the middle one in); or (2) two 45s in one hand (which seems like it shouldn't be so different from two 35s because just same idea 28 per cent heavier, but DANG IT, I tried it after two 35s seemed easy and the extra weight made it feel like it would NEVER EVER budge for me)?  

I mean of course, both can be goals, I'm kind of just interested in people's thoughts on the difficulty -- pipe dream, reasonable long term goal, not that much harder, etc.  Some goals are just not practically realistic; for example, if I said I wanted to cert on the COC 4, some pollyanas might say go for it brother!  Anyone can do it if he tries hard enough!  But I am pretty sure I don't have a musculature that could ever, ever do that, even with full on training and 20 years younger.  But COC 3 on the other hand, well, that is a realistic goal that I may or may not ever reach, depending how hard I work at it and whether I get injured, but it is definitely POSSIBLE and I'm not a fool for trying.  Kind of getting a lay of the land for what's likely, what's possible, and what's just fun to watch the monsters do but beyond my own ability.

Hope this sparks some discussion but either way, again, thanks for the likes and the congrats on the double 35s!  That was fun!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, anwnate said:

Congrats Vinnie!

Thanks for posting, Nate!  I'm loving the sport,  and I am so glad I just happened to see some COC grippers at an arm wrestling comp that I just randomly showed up at a couple years ago, and then something just told me to buy a few COCs and that led me to look for gripper resources online which obviously led here.  I still like arm wrestling in theory and would love to find people in the NYC area to practice with, but it is much harder to pursue arm wrestling as you always need a partner and not every partner is well matched, whereas you can train grip with anyone and alone, and you don't have to be well matched in ability to do so.  Grip training is broader and more social.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, crushonomics said:

Boy, you meet some real dipsticks, though. 

Maybe that is relative to where else you spend your time.  I'd say the average person quality is higher at a grip meet than in a criminal courtroom ...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, paul valpreda said:

Excellent lift! How did you train for this?

Thanks!  I do grippers about twice a week (two or three sets of ten on something easy, two sets of five or ten on something medium, three or more sets to failure on something I can't do more than five or six reps on, and sometimes some max attempts).  On Saturdays I meet some guys in a garage and do some combination of grippers, Euro pinch, hub, block, blobs, and sometimes anvils or thick bars.  I'm still kind of new at grip stuff and learning.

On 31.3.2018 at 4:23 PM, anwnate said:

Congrats Vinnie!

Strong! Congtats!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jörg Keilbach said:

Strong! Congtats!

Thanks!