Country Crush

Jörg Keilbach

It is very expensive. Is it worth the money? Has anybody some experience with it?

It’s very slippery .... can’t tax your grip to the max secondary to surface being to slick. Would be better as a grip tool if the handles were metal IMO. Your hands will slip way before you get near max ability,

How much does it cost. I have never tried one but one thing I didn't like right off the bat is the design. With the handles facing each other, you can use your chest power (in a pec dec fly motion) to help lift it instead of relying only on grip. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Chez said:

How much does it cost. I have never tried one but one thing I didn't like right off the bat is the design. With the handles facing each other, you can use your chest power (in a pec dec fly motion) to help lift it instead of relying only on grip. 

Definitely should be a double over hand lift for sure.Although I myself haven’t found it to be a help with the  handles facing each other the one or two times I tried it. Was never able to get anywhere near a max secondary to the handles being rubbery. 

42 minutes ago, Chez said:

113 $ with the 2“ handles!

50 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Definitely should be a double over hand lift for sure.Although I myself haven’t found it to be a help with the  handles facing each other the one or two times I tried it. Was never able to get anywhere near a max secondary to the handles being rubbery. 

It might depend on the person or technique. I also asked Jedd and he said he thinks the chest can help with the lift. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Chez said:

It might depend on the person or technique. I also asked Jedd and he said he thinks the chest can help with the lift. 

Oh yea for sure not doubting that at all.... for me I didn’t feel I got high enough in weight before my hands slipped because of the material. But absolutely depends on the person.

I personally like the handle. It is slippery but you're still working your grip on it and feel sore af after a session. I never felt like my chest was being activated even at like 375lbs but like Chez said maybe it was just how I lift it. Everyone seems to love napalm's nightmare as a double rolling handle. I've yet to try one but will probably buy one next month. I guess the only advantage country crush has on NN is you can also use 1 hand at a time if you want for deadlifts, cable machines, or curls/wrist curls. But you can do that with crushers/rolling thunders. I don't think you'd be missing out on a whole lot if you don't get it unless you really want a double neutral grip handle.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, temmmeeee said:

I personally like the handle. It is slippery but you're still working your grip on it and feel sore af after a session. I never felt like my chest was being activated even at like 375lbs but like Chez said maybe it was just how I lift it. Everyone seems to love napalm's nightmare as a double rolling handle. I've yet to try one but will probably buy one next month. I guess the only advantage country crush has on NN is you can also use 1 hand at a time if you want for deadlifts, cable machines, or curls/wrist curls. But you can do that with crushers/rolling thunders. I don't think you'd be missing out on a whole lot if you don't get it unless you really want a double neutral grip handle.

Napalms nightmare is waaaaay better as a grip tool IMO..... country crush should stick to arm wrestling.

1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Napalms nightmare is waaaaay better as a grip tool IMO..... country crush should stick to arm wrestling.

I'm stoked to get my hands on one

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, temmmeeee said:

Big Timmy is crazy good at the 2" CC DL!! I don't feel chest crush at all on the CC either

• Thanks 1

Country crush is good for DL, wrist flexion on pulldowns and standing wrist curls but for straight grip and many other uses( Tricep pushdowns my favorite- Mr. Triceps):) NN is the best

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Jörg Keilbach said:

It is very expensive. Is it worth the money? Has anybody some experience with it?

Wie viel kostet das?

Der CC mit den 2“ Griffstücken 113 $. Es gibt aber 8 verschiedene Griffstücken. Komplett 550 $!

Und das beinhaltet noch nicht Versand, Einfuhrsteuer und ggf Zoll. Ein teueres Hobby für uns Deutsche, gibt es vieles ja nur Übersee :(

Ich kann leider auch keine Erfahrungen dazu schildern aber mir persönlich wäre dies auch zu teuer. Zumal es ein eher einfaches Gerät ist, was man eventuell gut selber bauen kann...

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

First I love this discussion. They Country Crush Handle is different and harder than most , yes because of the material used.

Country Crush was never an arm wrestling tool specifically however became connected to the sport due to my wife.

Unlike some of the other handles mentioned on here there is no rust factor with my grips , friction points are almost zero...

Price point is on point. My 3"  Raptor is $105 shipped in the U.S. which is cheaper than the FBB 2.5 I just purchased for $130 ..

As for being used in grip.

We have had people lift over 400 lbs with the CC handle. If it is hard just means you have to train harder.

I have created the Country Crush Dead Lift to add to a great sport. I have prize money at my finals.

If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me countrycrush.info@gmail.com

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CountryCrush said:

First I love this discussion. They Country Crush Handle is different and harder than most , yes because of the material used.

Country Crush was never an arm wrestling tool specifically however became connected to the sport due to my wife.

Unlike some of the other handles mentioned on here there is no rust factor with my grips , friction points are almost zero...

Price point is on point. My 3"  Raptor is $105 shipped in the U.S. which is cheaper than the FBB 2.5 I just purchased for $130 ..

As for being used in grip.

We have had people lift over 400 lbs with the CC handle. If it is hard just means you have to train harder.

I have created the Country Crush Dead Lift to add to a great sport. I have prize money at my finals.

If anyone has any questions feel free to contact me countrycrush.info@gmail.com

Dude I have changed my opinion on the country crush after using it in a vice grip Viking challenge. The soreness my forearms developed after that event was a great feeling. The key is to not use chalk on it. If we omit the chalk, hands won’t slip as easy. I made my opinion after having only used it once previous and it was with chalk. Definitely like the palms facing stimulus as far as forearm activation goes. My previous comment on CC sticking to AW is now void. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻💪💪💪

Edited by Guest

For me gripping handles facing each other feels more natural, and I'd say I like them more than I do regular two handed devices. 

That being said I have only tried them out couple of times, and since most of the grip competitions in Finland focus on double overhand I don't think I would have too much use for them. 

5 minutes ago, Mywor said:

For me gripping handles facing each other feels more natural, and I'd say I like them more than I do regular two handed devices. 

That being said I have only tried them out couple of times, and since most of the grip competitions in Finland focus on double overhand I don't think I would have too much use for them. 

Your 3" monster crush pull of 330lbs is beyond amazing and to put it on the scale like you did was insane strength.

• 1 month later...
On 9/18/2018 at 4:49 PM, Joseph Sullivan said:

Dude I have changed my opinion on the country crush after using it in a vice grip Viking challenge. The soreness my forearms developed after that event was a great feeling. The key is to not use chalk on it. If we omit the chalk, hands won’t slip as easy. I made my opinion after having only used it once previous and it was with chalk. Definitely like the palms facing stimulus as far as forearm activation goes. My previous comment on CC sticking to AW is now void. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻💪💪💪

Thank you I really tried to come out with something different that would work.

On 3/23/2018 at 10:26 PM, Jörg Keilbach said:

Der CC mit den 2“ Griffstücken 113 $. Es gibt aber 8 verschiedene Griffstücken. Komplett 550 $!

I am sorry I can not understand your question

On 3/23/2018 at 8:58 AM, Jörg Keilbach said:

Hello sir,

I am the creator of the handle can I assist you in any way

On 3/23/2018 at 11:58 AM, Joseph Sullivan said:

Oh yea for sure not doubting that at all.... for me I didn’t feel I got high enough in weight before my hands slipped because of the material. But absolutely depends on the person.

I would say it for sure depends on the person. I have seen people lock out over 400 lbs. with the CC handle...