Where’s my ladies at?

JHenze646

Lady Gripsters,

I need your help. As I am not a female athlete, I don’t feel entirely qualified to make decisions without consultation. 

I would like to organize some equipment to take with me to events to spread Gripsport awareness. 

One item I will be having is the Flask. What do you think is a beginner, good, and great weight for a lady lifter on this device?

Another item is a wrist wrench type device. Would you feel a 2-3/8 in. or 2 in. is more appropriate? What do you think is a beginner, good, and great weight for a lady lifter on this device?

Lastly(for now), the wrist roller on a supported stand with a 2 in. diameter handle. What weight would allow at least a valiant attempt for everyone from beginner to bad@$$?

Thank you in advance for your help.

I can help with this kind of because we have done so many booths at women’s powerlifting meets. 

Wrist wrench I’ll say right away that I have no idea. 

Ive had good luck with putting 50-60 on the Flask and encouraging men to try it 1HP and women do well 2HP. 

In general, women are extremely hesitant to try grippers but are very interested in a dyno. I’ve had groups of ladies get after each other and keep trying to get higher numbers. 

Instead of blobs, which are almost always too wide, I’ve seen interest in 20-60lb hex dumbbells tipped up on end for a blob-like lift. 

Finally, I’ve seen women show interest in the fiddly lifts like coin, stub, etc. 

Hopefully some ladies will still reply to your original questions. But I wanted to comment on what I’ve seen capture female lifters’ interest at the booths we’ve done. 

Matt

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cannon said:

I can help with this kind of because we have done so many booths at women’s powerlifting meets. 

Wrist wrench I’ll say right away that I have no idea. 

Ive had good luck with putting 50-60 on the Flask and encouraging men to try it 1HP and women do well 2HP. 

In general, women are extremely hesitant to try grippers but are very interested in a dyno. I’ve had groups of ladies get after each other and keep trying to get higher numbers. 

Instead of blobs, which are almost always too wide, I’ve seen interest in 20-60lb hex dumbbells tipped up on end for a blob-like lift. 

Finally, I’ve seen women show interest in the fiddly lifts like coin, stub, etc. 

Hopefully some ladies will still reply to your original questions. But I wanted to comment on what I’ve seen capture female lifters’ interest at the booths we’ve done. 

Matt

Thank you!

I featured the Wrist Wrench in a contest last month. One woman lifted 45 lbs and another lifted 51. Both had some armwrestling experience.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

I featured the Wrist Wrench in a contest last month. One woman lifted 45 lbs and another lifted 51. Both had some armwrestling experience.

Thank you.

On 17/03/2018 at 3:28 PM, JHenze646 said:

Lady Gripsters,

I need your help. As I am not a female athlete, I don’t feel entirely qualified to make decisions without consultation. 

I would like to organize some equipment to take with me to events to spread Gripsport awareness. 

One item I will be having is the Flask. What do you think is a beginner, good, and great weight for a lady lifter on this device?

Another item is a wrist wrench type device. Would you feel a 2-3/8 in. or 2 in. is more appropriate? What do you think is a beginner, good, and great weight for a lady lifter on this device?

Lastly(for now), the wrist roller on a supported stand with a 2 in. diameter handle. What weight would allow at least a valiant attempt for everyone from beginner to bad@$$?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Becca doesn't have an account here but she's done 33.25kg on the wrist wrench (73lb) so I'd consider that great but she did do it both hands and fairly easy (was with training). I would think a 2" is generally better. As for flask, I don't have one but going off what ive seen id say similar to wrist wrench. So both maybe 25lb, 50lb, 75lb? Less if anything.

• Like 1