Newest MashMonster Level 1 - Michael Thomas

Bill Piche

16 hours ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks Bader!! I recalled reading you saying to someone be able to close 154ish gripper anyday of the week in order to close MM1- So I literally closed my COC #154 every day for 7 straight days even when my hands were sore as heck, LOL

Oh haha. What I meant was closing it anytime you try after warming up. Anyway did it feel the same?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, benjaminBoy said:

Monster grip Michael!!:rockThat MM2 is gonna go down fast!

I appreciate your kind words. My wife put the MM0 and MM1 in frames yesterday and I hung them up leaving room for only 1 more👍

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Oh haha. What I meant was closing it anytime you try after warming up. Anyway did it feel the same?

Very close I would say. MM1 has a uniqueness about ease of the set then the close being relatively hard. I loved that gripper though as I have smaller hands and it fit perfectly for me. 🙏💪👍

• Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:56 AM, Kluv#0 said:

Very close I would say. MM1 has a uniqueness about ease of the set then the close being relatively hard. I loved that gripper though as I have smaller hands and it fit perfectly for me. 🙏💪👍

Were you really the first MM1 over 50?  If so, that's awesome!  I'm surprised, because it seems like grip wouldn't fade that quickly with age.  I'll be 49 next month and just got MM0, and as a goal I hope to get MM1 before I am 50 in April 2019.  So maybe I will have to race you to be the first over 50 to get MM2, although you have a bit of a head start so I'm not going to put any money on the line (and if you do it before April 27, 2019, then even if I do it first, I won't be over 50 yet lol -- but I'm pretty sure I won't progress that fast anyway).

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

Were you really the first MM1 over 50?  If so, that's awesome!  I'm surprised, because it seems like grip wouldn't fade that quickly with age.  I'll be 49 next month and just got MM0, and as a goal I hope to get MM1 before I am 50 in April 2019.  So maybe I will have to race you to be the first over 50 to get MM2, although you have a bit of a head start so I'm not going to put any money on the line (and if you do it before April 27, 2019, then even if I do it first, I won't be over 50 yet lol -- but I'm pretty sure I won't progress that fast anyway).

Yes by over 6 years but most people that go for MM1, etc  will do it when they are capable meaning they did not start grip so late like I did. I started grip 4 months shy of 50th- if I would have started in my late 30's I would have MM1 in my late 30's and not 51- does that make sense? Talk to Chez as he is the best and has improved my grippers

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

To be honest I did not even give age one thought until I saw Steve Millard mention something about to me in my MM1 attempt thread. It is kinda a quirky fact( the age thing) about the mash monster ladder but Iam more proud of being able to set my mind to close the MM1-regardless, if I was 20, 25, 40, 51, etc. I mention in my video as I get Iam in a frenzied state but actually not a significant mark for me. Thanks again and continued success with your grip training

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Yes by over 6 years but most people that go for MM1, etc  will do it when they are capable meaning they did not start grip so late like I did. I started grip 4 months shy of 50th- if I would have started in my late 30's I would have MM1 in my late 30's and not 51- does that make sense? Talk to Chez as he is the best and has improved my grippers

I started training grip a few months ago at 48, or 47 if you go from when I first bought some grippers (but I wasn't really "training" until I started getting on this board and working out with the nice folks I've met here).  Chez is indeed the best, and he has advised me plenty in person, although I routinely reject his advice -- he wants me to learn to set better, and I keep arguing with him that I don't like it, lol.  I am sure he is right, I just have to get frustrated enough to listen.

• Like 1

@Wannagrip YouTube links are not working from my browser here on the gripboard. not only this topic but all topics I visited. Is it only me or the board glitch? 

It's on your end.  I am in Florida currently on a travel laptop I never use and they are working fine.

Weirdly it shows now. 

Great job!!! Keep up the good work!

• Thanks 1

Very nice ! The MM2 will go down too. Have you signed up for it yet ?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cemery said:

Very nice ! The MM2 will go down too. Have you signed up for it yet ?

Thank you Casey. As far as MM2 I don't have the required horsepower but very close. I would like to achieve it this year!!