Teen Rolling Thunder record? Video

Biker66

Quick video of my 17 year old, he just pulled 241 at home on our RT handle. New style IM handle, home made pin. From what I see on the IM site, it is a teen record. Anyone have any idea how to go about getting the lift certified? Any sanctioned comps coming up?

Thanks!

Brent.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Biker66 said:

Quick video of my 17 year old, he just pulled 241 at home on our RT handle. New style IM handle, home made pin. From what I see on the IM site, it is a teen record. Anyone have any idea how to go about getting the lift certified? Any sanctioned comps coming up?

Thanks!

Brent.

Tried to like the video but I am out of likes for all the John Mccarter record posts! Dude that is serious weight for any age or size! WOW! Contact Randall Strossen at iron mind or try to submit a video to the site with you weighing the whole works when he attempts because they won’t accept it if it’s not weighed on camera!That’s a start. If you live on the east coast he should attend the Viking Vice Grip challenge at the Philadelphia fit expo the last weekend of April and he can definitely do it there!

Joe

Thanks very much Joe! Ok, I will get ahold of Randall for sure. Young lad loves doing grip stuff, he has officially beaten my pull of 231 and he rubs it in at every opportunity. He started training when he was younger as he wanted to get in better shape. In one summer he shot up and kept training. He's now 6'3 and 250. Grip training is a great intro to weight training for kids who may not be interested in team sports. 

1 hour ago, Biker66 said:

Thanks very much Joe! Ok, I will get ahold of Randall for sure. Young lad loves doing grip stuff, he has officially beaten my pull of 231 and he rubs it in at every opportunity. He started training when he was younger as he wanted to get in better shape. In one summer he shot up and kept training. He's now 6'3 and 250. Grip training is a great intro to weight training for kids who may not be interested in team sports. 

How is the spin action on your rolling thunder? Is it still pretty slick?

Edited by Guest

Yes. I keep it clean and it spins well. I actually returned it at one point because it was sticking. We also train with a RT handle that i made with roller bearings. It is way tougher to pull. 

2 minutes ago, Biker66 said:

Yes. I keep it clean and it spins well. I actually returned it at one point because it was sticking. We also train with a RT handle that i made with roller bearings. It is way tougher to pull. 

I suggest a 2.5 FBBC crusher or an @Lucasraymond crusher replica

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Biker66 said:

Thanks man. I have a set of CoC up to #4. Never tried any different ones. 

No a crusher is a 2.5 inch rolling handle like the RT only bigger and never loses its spin

9 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

No a crusher is a 2.5 inch rolling handle like the RT only bigger and never loses its spin

That is cool. I have more besrings, i may make a fatter one. Seems like there would be good carryover to the RT.

Just now, Biker66 said:

That is cool. I have more besrings, i may make a fatter one. Seems like there would be good carryover to the RT.

Way harder than the rolling thunder. Like 30 pounds at least difference. You will never go back to RT after using one.weighs 9 pounds alone and is all steel. RT is like a cheap toy in comparison. 

7 hours ago, benjaminBoy said:

That Kid as one hell of a thick bar grip!:bow

And it seems that he improves noticeably in all the lifts every time we max. Joys of being a kid.

7 minutes ago, Kashtan said:

Very strong young! But better - on Crusher 2.5'' results comparison.

Right! To much inconsistency between rolling thunders. Definitely not downplaying this incredible youths achievement, however, I would love to see what he can do on a 2.5 inch crusher. I have found zero inconsistency between any crusher I’ve touched and I’ve touched 4 of them. All exactly the same.  @Andrew P at FBBC knows what he’s doing with that piece in particular! Never leave home without it! 

Congrats on your son lift :rock Way to go and let him keep on training what he is doing as it is working wonders for him. I am sure he will break the world record if he kept at it. What is his hand size?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Right! To much inconsistency between rolling thunders. Definitely not downplaying this incredible youths achievement, however, I would love to see what he can do on a 2.5 inch crusher. I have found zero inconsistency between any crusher I’ve touched and I’ve touched 4 of them. All exactly the same.  @Andrew P at FBBC knows what he’s doing with that piece in particular! Never leave home without it! 

Thanks guys. Also they can double as small scale wrecking balls. :)

6 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Thanks guys. Also they can double as small scale wrecking balls. :)

I actually love using it as a roller trigger point release for my quads and IT band!

Wow, he should be able to easily do crushed to dust right?

23 minutes ago, wobbler said:

Wow, he should be able to easily do crushed to dust right?

One would think... if he can close a 2 and hub a 45. That should be easy

4 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

One would think... if he can close a 2 and hub a 45. That should be easy

Thanks for all the input guys. Does someone hear sell the 2.5 crusher? I will buy one for sure. 

He can easily close the 2 and hub a 45. 

39 minutes ago, Biker66 said:

Thanks for all the input guys. Does someone hear sell the 2.5 crusher? I will buy one for sure. 

He can easily close the 2 and hub a 45. 

http://www.fatbastardbarbellco.com/      Here is link to buy the 2.5 crusher.  @Andrew P  is the owner.