Making A Homemade Im Go-really-grip Machine

ballistic_lifter

I am working on making a grip machine like the one in the IM catalog. Is there anyone else out there that has made one? I was wondering what size tubing you used on the handle. I have already made a steel Blockbuster Pinch Grip block, hub-style pinch gripper, a wrist roller, and a olympic loading pin. I have access to a lot of steel at work and I can use whatever I want to make some cool shit.

ballistic lifter

If you go into the cyberpump/gripboard gallery and look at Gazzas equipment,there is a picture there of my grip machine with all the measurements,it might help you out.

Thanx Gazza! That looks great. You have some nice equipment there. Did you turn those blobs on a lathe yourself?

ballistic lifter

A friend done them for me,Jim Wylie came and tried the 58.2lber last Sunday,but it was safe :D

gazza

Did you use stainless steel on those blobs or are they plated. They sure are purty :D:rolleyes

I was thinking about it but it looks pretty tricky. I made a SW and TTK and there both very good knockoffs if I do say so myself.

ballistic lifter

The blobs are made of mild tool steel and then polished,the 58;2lber now has a nice coat of surface rust,the ADJ Blob is cleaned of rust every week.