Double 35 pound alternating plate curl attempt

Great video.

I think most grip guys like to see more emphasis on the wrist which means a slower movement to accentuate this.  A little slower curl also reduces any whip effect that can aid the wrists in the lift and cause people to question the strictness. Showing the movement from the side instead of straight-ahead may show more wrist power than it looks like here.

That being said, you never advertised it as a "strict" plate curl so nothing disparaging can hopefully ever be said. Still very strong and I am sure you can do a really "strict" version for one rep at least if you wanted based on your level of wrist strength in previous videos. Below are a couple of world-class, technical "strict" plate curls:

Edited by Billy Jack

4 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Great video.

I think most grip guys like to see more emphasis on the wrist which means a slower movement to accentuate this.  A little slower curl also reduces any whip effect that can aid the wrists in the lift and cause people to question the strictness. Showing the movement from the side instead of straight-ahead may show more wrist power than it looks like here.

That being said, you never advertised it as a "strict" plate curl so nothing disparaging can hopefully ever be said. Still very strong and I am sure you can do a really "strict" version for one rep at least if you wanted based on your level of wrist strength in previous videos. Below are a couple of world-class, technical "strict" plate curls:

I did it on a preacher bench right after this I will post itI  How’s this one? Wicked harder from the dead stop on the bench. 

Very tough lift. Yeah, you can definitely tell how much harder that one was based on having to engage the wrists much more on your way up. Most people don't realize how hard this is and it takes a while to learn to control that wobble that always wants to happen as your wrists want to fail on you. 

12 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Very tough lift. Yeah, you can definitely tell how much harder that one was based on having to engage the wrists much more on your way up. Most people don't realize how hard this is and it takes a while to learn to control that wobble that always wants to happen as your wrists want to fail on you. 

Yea man... from a dead stop like that is MURDER.... you have to engage the wrist and fingers in a way not duplicated with anything else. I love these style of lifts. 

35 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

Next week I will shoot it from the side.

On 2/23/2018 at 10:57 PM, Billy Jack said:

Great video.

Straight wrists or not that's damn hard to do! I bet with some training he will replicate  the videos above with EASE!

Big Baad Joe doing what he do!!! Strong as heck

5 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

Straight wrists or not that's damn hard to do! I bet with some training he will replicate  the videos above with EASE!

Thank you Bader, I will try it this way soon. I always strive for total legitimacy with no room for error.

Just now, Mike Rinderle said:

I can do that... with two hands.  :rock

After a few weeks of being bummed that I'm too weak for these I finally had the epiphany to use two hands. Seems so simple now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Climber028 said:

After a few weeks of being bummed that I'm too weak for these I finally had the epiphany to use two hands. Seems so simple now.

Yea buddy! Haha!

On 2/26/2018 at 2:37 AM, Mike Rinderle said:

I can do that... with two hands.  :rock

Me too...probably...:rock

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, deadlifterfromberlin said:

Me too...probably...:rock

Thank you sir! Wrist make a big difference in grip. That is the link between your hands and your forearms. I think grip had come easy to me from having initially strong wrists. I recommend people focus on that more. I am giving away all of my secrets haha... but I love to see others progress.