Double 16 sledge rear deadlift?

2 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Putting those together looks fantastic! Thanks for posting this.

You’re welcome brother! Don’t know if I executed correctly. That was my first time even thinking to try that! Thanks for the encouragement!

Joe

27 minutes ago, WestSlope said:

Here is a photo of Joe trying that as a toddler.

image.thumb.png.3eee04a55f46985e055d392a133c163a.png

Funny story... my father used to call me bam bam all the time when I was a toddler because of my strength as a kid! Ha!

Here it is by the man, the myth, the LEGEND! 

i hope to get to this level God willing! Hearing of this man got  me interested in hammers!

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

what is the proper name for this kind of sledgehammer execution? Rear deadlift? Rear choke? Mike Thomas and his awesome pick axe display had these 16s calling my name! 

Weaver Stick.  it's not done with sledges but that's the name of the competition lifts similar to this (but one handed).  You can look it up and easily make up the apparatus used in a competition style lift.  You'd be very good at it Joe.

31 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Here it is by the man, the myth, the LEGEND! 

i hope to get to this level God willing! Hearing of this man got  me interested in hammers!

Are these hammers shorter than the standard hammers? They look shortened.

19 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Weaver Stick.  it's not done with sledges but that's the name of the competition lifts similar to this (but one handed).  You can look it up and easily make up the apparatus used in a competition style lift.  You'd be very good at it Joe.

Thanks Chris. Was not sure what to call this. 

5 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Are these hammers shorter than the standard hammers? They look shortened.

To my knowledge slims hammers were 31 which is why mine is that way. I need more hammers and I need to train it more. But DU bending is killing any training except light reps and heavy stretching

6 hours ago, KapMan said:

To my knowledge slims hammers were 31 which is why mine is that way. I need more hammers and I need to train it more. But DU bending is killing any training except light reps and heavy stretching

I looked at a few clips and they looked shorter. My brother was the one that actually pointed it out to me yesterday after I did the 2 16s in that style. I looked myself and they did appear shorter. Who knows..... either way he’s awesome!

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I looked at a few clips and they looked shorter. My brother was the one that actually pointed it out to me yesterday after I did the 2 16s in that style. I looked myself and they did appear shorter. Who knows..... either way he’s awesome!

I asked his protegé and he was pretty sure they were 31”.

slim is the man. 

You also have to remember that they  possibly look smaller because of Slim's size. I am pretty sure he was like 6'5 or 6'6 with really long arms and hands.

31 minutes ago, Billy Jack said:

You also have to remember that they  possibly look smaller because of Slim's size. I am pretty sure he was like 6'5 or 6'6 with really long arms and hands.

I am also 6’4 265.... so they should look smaller in my hands for that matter. I thought that too but they do look shorter in several clips I’ve seen. Not downplaying anything. This was brought to my attention by a few folks. Didn’t even notice it myself until it was pointed out. Guy is my sledgehammer wielding hero either way.

Edited by Guest

42 minutes ago, KapMan said:

I asked his protegé and he was pretty sure they were 31”.

slim is the man. 

Yes he is my man! I would have never picked up a hammer if I hadn’t seen his footage. Makes it look like pure art!