RT THUMBLESS 204.3lbs

Kluv#0

1 minute ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Here’s something I’ve been thinking about. Say you don’t have enormous hands.... and you can lift 200 (arbitrary number) on a rolling thunder.... and you have a guy with huge hands that can lift the same.... who really has the stronger hands? I’m enclined to say the man with the smaller hands probably has stronger fingers and wrists than his huge handed counterpart. Being able to wrap the hand easily around an implement takes more of the grip factor out compared to a small hand. 

Well there is variables that you can utilize to your advantage including simple physics of torque (long lever arm) but if you don't have a long lever then you have to be able to apply substantially more force. So strength is relative in general; two people lift the same weight they are technically the same strength just utilizing different aspects of physics to help them lift the weight. I do understand what your saying though. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cemery said:

I bet its more like 10 % or less! . Great lift!

Thank you!

1 hour ago, WestSlope said:

Very impressive wrist strength!

Thanks Steve

29 minutes ago, Kashtan said:

Easy lift. 

Thank you big man!!

20 minutes ago, wobbler said:

Nice lift man!

Especially with........ only using 80% of your fingers ;)

Good one Wobbler! Iam fond of the saying "even a blind squirrel finds a nut 80% of the time:)"

25 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

I agree that if you dont have enormous hands then your wrist and finger strength have to be your focus to be good at thickbar; I was literally just talking to Joe earlier today about doing thumbless lifts a lot more frequently (2-3x/week). How long do you usually program, monthly?

I change my rolling handle lifts every 6-7 weeks and alternate regular grip and thumbless. I do have a theory  when it comes to thumbless lifts- I feel shorter fingers and  strong wrists are at an advantage vs. longer fingers and strong wrists- kinda like a tree branch- shorter mature branches are harder to bend vs.longer ones.

24 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Here’s something I’ve been thinking about. Say you don’t have enormous hands.... and you can lift 200 (arbitrary number) on a rolling thunder.... and you have a guy with huge hands that can lift the same.... who really has the stronger hands? I’m enclined to say the man with the smaller hands probably has stronger fingers and wrists than his huge handed counterpart. Being able to wrap the hand easily around an implement takes more of the grip factor out compared to a small hand. 

I use to think that way but there are so many variables that both at 200lb lift are co#$ strong. Totally understand what you are saying!

22 minutes ago, Lucasraymond said:

Well there is variables that you can utilize to your advantage including simple physics of torque (long lever arm) but if you don't have a long lever then you have to be able to apply substantially more force. So strength is relative in general; two people lift the same weight they are technically the same strength just utilizing different aspects of physics to help them lift the weight. I do understand what your saying though. 

I guess the only way to tell would be to get a handle that is equally sized in comparison to the large handed and small  handed guy with the same amount of weight on the handle. Would be a cool experiment.... and no this is not an observation that I want to get into a big back and forth with Everyone going into all the variables.. haha... it’s just something I have thought about here and there. 

Bro... That's massive!  Especially for a fellow old guy with Trump hands!  :laugh

• Haha 1