The Last Gripmas Carol

climber511

11 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Just as information - I will be bringing all kinds of little weird things like key pinch that are not on the top 50 list

What is the sledge event for gripmas ?

Adding something evil the lineup. 

C59BECBB-DBDB-45B2-9EA4-7362521D800B.jpeg

D05F0790-C0F0-444C-967D-CDD4AFFD6DA0.jpeg

• Like 3

Just now, Andrew P said:

Adding something evil the lineup. 

C59BECBB-DBDB-45B2-9EA4-7362521D800B.jpeg

D05F0790-C0F0-444C-967D-CDD4AFFD6DA0.jpeg

Oh my.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vinnie said:

In seriousness, I was thinking maybe something gimmicky, like Dube Cube or key pinch. 

Ahem. Trust me. There is nothing “gimmicky” about the Dube Cube.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

Ahem. Trust me. There is nothing “gimmicky” about the Dube Cube.

Maybe poor choice of words.  But what I really mean is that it is not an implement that you need to gather your 45-plates for ...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

What is the sledge event for gripmas ?

There is no particular sledge event except the sledge choke (coin load) but I'm having a "Feats of Strength" section and you can certainly put on a show there!

5 minutes ago, climber511 said:

There is no particular sledge event except the sledge choke (coin load) but I'm having a "Feats of Strength" section and you can certainly put on a show there!

Awesome! Front sledge choke is my weakness. Haha

21 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Awesome! Front sledge choke is my weakness. Haha

I figure by the day you'll be saying "was" your weakness

5 minutes ago, climber511 said:

I figure by the day you'll be saying "was" your weakness

I actually avoid it, it irritates the heck out of my lateral epicondyle. Now a rear choke? I can do 20 pounds on that sucker 

I had a question about chalk use.

Chalk Rules

You can wash your hands prior to the start and/or I will be furnishing hand wipes for use by anyone.  You probably want to clean the breakfast bacon grease off before starting.  You will want to chalk after cleaning your hands.

No liquid chalk – even as a base.  I will be furnishing chalk but if you have a secret blend, feel free to bring it.  Two rules will apply though.  First I have to approve it and second – it becomes public as soon as you open it – free for anyone to use.  That way no one can say anyone took advantage.

I’m the guy who will be cleaning up after the contest – please be careful and don’t throw it all over the place.

PS the chalk I furnish is the same stuff Jedd - Chad - Kody etc have set their records with

On 10/30/2018 at 7:45 AM, Lucasraymond said:

My website will be up and running and I will have a records list....a few items have never been contested so I would like to get a bunch of lifts on the items if possible. I will have these with me and if there is any equipment people are interested in please let me know ASAP. 

Napalms Nightmare (2", 2 3/8", 2 7/8")

One Handed Nightmare (2", 2 3/8", 2 7/8")

Inch Pinch

Shallow Inch Pinch

Double Inch Pinch

Double Shallow Inch Pinch

Thumb Blaster (this will be like adjustable thickbar event...choice from 3 sizes for preference but all under one record)

Double Thumb Blaster

3" and 4" Adjustable Pinch Block

Lucas: Great idea! One question: On the shallow inch pinch to qualify as a "good lift" is that only a key-pinch type grip (meaning just thumb and index knuckle contacting the device) or could you also have thumb and 4 fingers pads contacting the device?

13 minutes ago, JHenze646 said:

@climber511 what time will Gripmas run til?

I'm guessing 5:00 PM Tuesday with this many people going.  😄

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, JHenze646 said:

@climber511 what time will Gripmas run til?

Josh I have zero idea until I see how many sign up at least.  I plan on 2  Euros and 2 Axles and I think I have enough help for everything.  We have the gym pretty much all night if necessary.  I'd "like" to have the actual contest portion over by 4 or 5 - that's when I was planning supper but that's looking tough the way entries are coming in.  I guess the real answer is I don't know.

23 hours ago, AKJV1769 said:

Lucas: Great idea! One question: On the shallow inch pinch to qualify as a "good lift" is that only a key-pinch type grip (meaning just thumb and index knuckle contacting the device) or could you also have thumb and 4 fingers pads contacting the device?

Is meant for key pinch style but whatever grip is fine with me on the shallow

• Like 1

Was just contacted by a guy (coming to Gripmas but not signed up yet) with a 407 Axle who might be bringing a few more friends with over 400# axles plus a female wanting to try and break the Axle record.  Strongman types obviously - thank you Jason Gonzales for hooking us up!  things are getting real!

• Like 4

On 10/25/2018 at 9:50 PM, climber511 said:

Gripmas Hotel info – coming from the west or the airport

There seem to be no hotels in Crooksville – I can’t imagine why!  If you are flying in – you will no doubt land at Columbus International Airport.   You want the 132 exit off of I-70 east – go south on state route 13 to St Rt 669to Crooksville.  With this in mind, a hotel along I-70 somewhere east of Columbus and before exit 132 seems ideal and there are quite a few choices.  I’ve never stayed at any of them and to be honest – have only stayed in any hotel a half dozen times in my life so I can’t offer much of an opinion to help you out.  If we consider that you want to be on the east side of 270 (the Columbus outer belt) then the first group of hotels are at exit 112, just after you get onto I-70 E off of 270 coming from the airport, or just east of 270 on the east side of Columbus – then at exits 110, 126 and 129 there are more hotels.  There are more places to eat at 112 and 110 but there are a few places at each of the others.  None of these will be much of a drive to #132 .  It’s about a 40 minute drive to my place from the exit.  From the Airport, any of these are less than 45 minutes.  Airport to my house is an hour and 20 minutes. 

The best map I can find is to Google Columbus Ohio Hotels east – go to Obitz – go to Airport and east side – it will give you a map showing all of them – prices don’t seem to bad, at least for some of them.  I tried to link it for you but it would only take you to the Obitz site and you still had to do all the rest.  Here are three of the cheapest I could find but there are many more choices if you have a Hotel chain you know and like.

http://www.orbitz.com/App/shared/pagedef/results/hotelDetails.jsp?z=adab&r=xp&z=adad&r=xr&lastPage=interstitial 

http://www.orbitz.com/App/shared/pagedef/results/hotelDetails.jsp?z=f36a&r=16e&z=f36c&r=16g&lastPage=interstitial 

http://www.orbitz.com/App/shared/pagedef/results/hotelDetails.jsp?z=f103&r=1ew&z=f105&r=1ey&lastPage=interstitial

Guys, you can use Airbnb and live near Chris. There are few houses over there. If you don't know airbnb then google it.

You have 2 days to get signed up without having to pay the higher entry fee.  

Randall Strossen recently arrived back in the USA from Turkmenistan. I only mention this because of those people interested in certifying on Ironmind products. I'm waiting on word from him if my Crushed-to-Dust is acceptable.

Just now, Andrew P said:

@climber511

Christ do I need to bring rubber mats to protect the floor at the center? 

Got ya covered!

• Thanks 1

Hope it goes well for you Chris. You have been hosting this event for a long time. Perhaps the longest standing grip event?

Good luck to all who compete! 

-Rick

3 hours ago, Rick Walker said:

Hope it goes well for you Chris. You have been hosting this event for a long time. Perhaps the longest standing grip event?

Good luck to all who compete! 

-Rick

Thanks Rick.  It may be one of the longest running with the same name but I know Jedd has been hosting much longer than I have.

• Like 1