What grip feat is eluding you right now?

I have accomplished every grip feat I have set my mind to except one - a lift above the knee of the Inch Dumbbell.  I have had John Eaton's to the bottom of my knee a few times when he loaned it to me a few years back - but was never able to get it quite high enough before returning it.  I am borrowing one again at Gripmas this year with the plan of actually getting those last few precious inches.  If you have any left over luck - I could use it.  :)  My only other desire is to have a good performance at The Last Gripmas Carol in 2018.  Then retire to my climbing.

An inch lift would be nice. I would like to accomplish that before its all said and done. I haven't really put in hard training for it yet but I would like to start. 

33 minutes ago, Chez said:

An inch lift would be nice. I would like to accomplish that before its all said and done. I haven't really put in hard training for it yet but I would like to start. 

I think you'll make it fairly easy once I start to train for it. Being on top with grippers and thick bar at the same time is hard but if you specialize it will be no problemo for someone who closes #4's. Thats my belief.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I think you'll make it fairly easy once I start to train for it. Being on top with grippers and thick bar at the same time is hard but if you specialize it will be no problemo for someone who closes #4's. Thats my belief.

Thanks buddy. I actually have a great inch trainer Aaron C made me which I haven't used that. It has been hard for me to balance thick bar with grippers but I def want to cross that feat off the list. 

2 hours ago, climber511 said:

I have accomplished every grip feat I have set my mind to except one - a lift above the knee of the Inch Dumbbell.  I have had John Eaton's to the bottom of my knee a few times when he loaned it to me a few years back - but was never able to get it quite high enough before returning it.  I am borrowing one again at Gripmas this year with the plan of actually getting those last few precious inches.  If you have any left over luck - I could use it.  :)  My only other desire is to have a good performance at The Last Gripmas Carol in 2018.  Then retire to my climbing.

Hey climber... where do you live? John Eaton lives like a half hour from me.

16 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Hey climber... where do you live? John Eaton lives like a half hour from me.

John is an old friend - but lives quite a ways away from me.  I live in southeast Ohio.  We got to be friends through grip sport competitions.  He's a great guy and lots of fun - if you get a chance go visit him.  He's also sorta strong :).  I thought you were going to make it to Gripmas this year - those sledge hammers are calling your name.

Edited by climber511

43 minutes ago, climber511 said:

John is an old friend - but lives quite a ways away from me.  I live in southeast Ohio.  We got to be friends through grip sport competitions.  He's a great guy and lots of fun - if you get a chance go visit him.  He's also sorta strong :).  I thought you were going to make it to Gripmas this year - those sledge hammers are calling your name.

I have been traveling for work and go home on the weekends. I would have if I wasn’t traveling. Next comp I think I’ll do is at Jedds in February because I’m only 40 minutes from Him.Ive tried contacting John a few times on you tube but he doesn’t answer.

I just told Eaton you were trying to contact him on youtube.  Great guy.  Has spent a week at casa Rindo with his beautiful family.

23 minutes ago, Mike Rinderle said:

I just told Eaton you were trying to contact him on youtube.  Great guy.  Has spent a week at casa Rindo with his beautiful family.

Thanks brother. Was curious if he wanted to sell his inch.... but he never answered. I bought one from Jedd. Eaton’s so close to me I was wondering if he ever wanted to train.

Eaton doesn't train.  He just shows up to the occasional contest and finishes on the podium.  Then does a bunch of cool feats later.  Plus he has the strongest wrists I'v ever seen in person.

Tear bicycle brand cards regularly. Today i threw down with a deck and I all did was make whoopie cushion sounds. I laughed, the deck laughed, I set it on fire.

Also the mm1, it really bummed me out I missed that.

Bend 9/32 crs. 

Im doing nothing special since i dropped everything gripsport in favor of not feeling like I got hit by a tank. 

I was close to putting some air under the inch. I regret not lifting that before quiting 20/20 type of thing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Inch lift. Was doing great until my wrist injury last year. Anyway will find a way to lift it :rock 

23 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Inch lift. Was doing great until my wrist injury last year. Anyway will find a way to lift it :rock 

With God... all things are possible!

33 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

With God... all things are possible!

For sure :cool