What grip feat are you chasing right now’

Not gripsport related. But id like to cert the red nail and Bastard DU. 

Also have a card tearing feat that hasnt been done yet to my knowledge in the works. In the meantime id like to triple vertical a deck of cards. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KapMan said:

Not gripsport related. But id like to cert the red nail and Bastard DU. 

Also have a card tearing feat that hasnt been done yet to my knowledge in the works. In the meantime id like to triple vertical a deck of cards. 

Why is that not grip sport related? I’d classify any bending, fat bar, pinching, vertical bar, sledge levering or gripper feats part of the game! 

I’ve never tried bending before. Am curious to see how I’d fair..... but seems like imbalances can easily arise. I already have thoracic outlet weakening my left hand due to nerve compression. I wonder if my sledge levering strength would help with bending!?

45lb fatman blob. Just recently started getting a little bit of air both hands. Having to change from 4 fingers to index on top due to the width, so a lot of re-learning to do.

35lb plate with shallow hub, no idea how close I am to this, it's 4 spoke and I haven't figured out where to put my fingers yet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wobbler said:

45lb fatman blob. Just recently started getting a little bit of air both hands. Having to change from 4 fingers to index on top due to the width, so a lot of re-learning to do.

35lb plate with shallow hub, no idea how close I am to this, it's 4 spoke and I haven't figured out where to put my fingers yet.

My good buddy Jedd Johnson has a saying.... “IF YOU CAN BREAK IT.... YOU CAN MAKE IT”! Meaning if you can break air with it then you are just about there!

20 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

Why is that not grip sport related? I’d classify any bending, fat bar, pinching, vertical bar, sledge levering or gripper feats part of the game! 

Beats me, but this board is bias as hell when it comes to feats. I guess that comes with how many there are and what the elite guys are doing from month to month.

You can buy cards almost anywhere and there are just as many variations as there are brain cells in most peoples heads. Its one of the oldest feats to do.  The bending is not for everyone and takes alot of time to achieve a bend. Even though this is a gripboard, people have tunnel vision. If its not lifting a blob or inch then love isnt shown. 

An example is Kluv’s 100+ pound two hand key pinch using the shallow hub. Which is pretty unreal key pinch strength. And not one F@&k was given.  If you follow Jerome bloom on instagram or facebook you will see some fantastic hub, stub and key pinch feats. 

18 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I’ve never tried bending before. Am curious to see how I’d fair..... but seems like imbalances can easily arise. I already have thoracic outlet weakening my left hand due to nerve compression. I wonder if my sledge levering strength would help with bending!?

I have nerve damage in both arms and I havent noticed alot of imbalances in my bending. That was more noticable when I played around with blobs, flask, grippers and sledge levering.

I cant speak on what exactly helps with bending as I’m still learning myself and it also seems to depend on what form and bar you want to bend. Lots of info in the bending section of this forum. 

Edited by KapMan
  • Like 1

Beats me, but this board is bias as hell when it comes to feats. I guess that comes with how many there are and what the elite guys are doing from month to month.

You can buy cards almost anywhere and there are just as many variations as there are brain cells in most peoples heads. Its one of the oldest feats to do.  The bending is not for everyone and takes alot of time to achieve a bend. Even though this is a gripboard, people have tunnel vision. If its not lifting a blob or inch then love isnt shown. 

An example is Kluv’s 100+ pound two hand key pinch using the shallow hub. Which is pretty unreal key pinch strength. And not one F@&k was given.  If you follow Jerome bloom on instagram or facebook you will see some fantastic hub, stub and key pinch feats. 

I have nerve damage in both arms and I havent noticed alot of imbalances in my bending. That was more noticable when I played around with blobs, flask, grippers and sledge levering.

I cant speak on what exactly helps with bending as I’m still learning myself and it also seems to depend on what form and bar you want to bend. Lots of info in the bending section of this forum. 

I gave Mikey KLUV the love he deserved with that feat! Mikes got some vicious key pinch and hub strength and is one heck of a guy to boot!

8 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I gave Mikey KLUV the love he deserved with that feat! Mikes got some vicious key pinch and hub strength and is one heck of a guy to boot!

You arent kidding his key pinch is off the charts. His thickbar is on point too. 

• Like 1

You arent kidding his key pinch is off the charts. His thickbar is on point too. 

Thanks you guys!! How about checking out my 8lb sledge under feat judging and vote yes or no. You guys are very strong yourselves. Kapman- Thanks buddy for recognizing- My 2 hands SHKP was only 110.8lbs, LOL - gripsters outside of the States know exactly what type of force Iam bringing:)so all good

6 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Thanks you guys!! How about checking out my 8lb sledge under feat judging and vote yes or no. You guys are very strong yourselves. Kapman- Thanks buddy for recognizing- My 2 hands SHKP was only 110.8lbs, LOL - gripsters outside of the States know exactly what type of force Iam bringing:)so all good

But the gripsters in the states need to as well. 

• Haha 1

I will be going for the crushed to dust cert on Dec 16th in Oregon City, Or so I would say that is a nice "feat" to have especially with smaller hands. I would like to try the inch DB someday - no doubt. I easily picked up baby inch 137lbs 3 weeks into grip career and thumbless lifted the baby inch 1st try even easier 4 months into grip and that was 11 months ago- Iam much stronger now

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, KapMan said:

But the gripsters in the states need to as well. 

I know Iam stronger all-around than 90% min. so it doesn't matter:) I do what I do, just starting out.

18 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I will be going for the crushed to dust cert on Dec 16th in Oregon City, Or so I would say that is a nice "feat" to have especially with smaller hands. I would like to try the inch DB someday - no doubt. I easily picked up baby inch 137lbs 3 weeks into grip career and thumbless lifted the baby inch 1st try even easier 4 months into grip and that was 11 months ago- Iam much stronger now

Ive snatched the baby inch. I think i sit around 150-160 for a full accurate inch type lift. Ive lifted the actual inch enough to fit a piece of paper under it. But I had to stop gripsport feats and such. 

I cant lift a blob over 43lbs either. It is what it is.

• Like 1

Just now, KapMan said:

Ive snatched the baby inch. I think i sit around 150-160 for a full accurate inch type lift. Ive lifted the actual inch enough to fit a piece of paper under it. But I had to stop gripsport feats and such. 

I cant lift a blob over 43lbs either. It is what it is.

do you still do sledge work? I was going to try to snatch the baby inch but Jared ceiling is about 8 feet high

25 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

I just ordered an inch last night mike! You ever in my neck of the woods you’re welcome to have a crack at it 

Just now, Joseph Sullivan said:

I just ordered an inch last night mike! You ever in my neck of the woods you’re welcome to have a crack at it 

I know you have a beautiful garage for the inch DB- great for you big man!!

4 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

do you still do sledge work? I was going to try to snatch the baby inch but Jared ceiling is about 8 feet high

I work sledge still. Chasing a 30lb right single and 25 left single.

• Like 1

I work sledge still. Chasing a 30lb right single and 25 left single.

Must be nice - I have seen you do 24lb so it is definitely possible for you

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Must be nice - I have seen you do 24lb so it is definitely possible for you

I got railed for that.

i rested the sledge head on my head (my bad), and my arm was slightly below parallel. The way slim does it is his arms are parallel and he pushes his body away from the weight. His sledge length is smaller and he always had leather wrist wraps too not sure if that matters or not. But the man holds the crown on mount sledge. 

So ive modifed my technique to match what I know about his. Hammer length, strictness and form. Only thing I dont do is use a wrist wrap. Im up to 18 with slims form. I cant do doubles though. My left always fails. So i figure if I can match or beat slims single hammer number ill be pretty stoked. No one bothers to try and dethrone him. Like slim will murder them or some shit. By all accounts he’s a nice guy and the standard to which all levers should be set. 

Edited by KapMan

Got that 45lb blob, video in my log and instagram. Also got 5 10's at 5" wide, with a pipe in the middle. I've tried every once in awhile but that one wasn't even really on my radar yet.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, wobbler said:

Got that 45lb blob, video in my log and instagram. Also got 5 10's at 5" wide, with a pipe in the middle. I've tried every once in awhile but that one wasn't even really on my radar yet.

Your progress is coming along nicely 

Thanks @KapMan I'm pretty happy with it. Pinch at a lot of different widths once a week seems to do the trick, with a lot of dex balls and extensor bands, little bit of grippers in between.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2017 at 4:08 PM, Kluv#0 said:

You’ll CRUSH ....the crushed to dust challenge dude!