Carry Over For Crushing

Guest Fred Fornicola

Guest Fred Fornicola

I'm sure you guys have experienced this before but I figured I'd share anyway.

I have put my CoC's training aside for a while and have been just focusing on forearm strength for the last few weeks. I've mainly been using my wrist roller (2 1/2") and doing hammer (thumbs up) curls. I have also been using plate carries to augment my training so I've been getting some good forearm/hand work in. Since I've been doing this training I still attempt the #2 but only about once per week. The results? I have consistantly closed the #2 with my left hand and have held it shut for 7-10 seconds and still struggle a bit with the right (being a righty that still confuses me :whacked ) but my scrushing strength has certainly increased. I can't say that I needed a break from my CoC trining because i really didn't do extensive training like most of you do but it seems that the inclusion of direct forearm work and possibly the plate carries (pinching) have helped. Regardless, I'm satisfied with the progress and the kick in the arse is that I didn't even plan this :tongue , I kinda stumbled onto the progress.

cantgripcrap

When I wasn't really training with the grippers I would occasionally go through times where I wouid do wrist curls for about a week. It seemed to help my crush. The only problem was I would get bored and lazy and stop doing them.

Guest gripmaster316

I am with ya man... my crushing strength has also increased dramatically. I find doing deadlifts and my heavy concentration curls are easier to do now that I have a better grip.

my heavy concentration curls are easier to do now that I have a better grip.

I agree. I can easily curl 90lb dumbells since working on all aspects of lower arm strength. What used to seem out of reach has become my standard.

Guest Fred Fornicola

Hey guys,

I attempted the CoC's again today (my once per week routine, post workout) and I closed the #2 again with my left and almost with my right. I took about an hour break (went sled pulling) and when I got back I gave it another go. I did 2 attempts with the #1 then slammed the 2 shut, this time I got the right hand and held the left hand closed for 7-8 seconds.

I have to attribute my improvement to the plate carries and the wrist rolling I'm doing (see original post)

Fred

Edited by Fred Fornicola