Gripper Between Im #3 And #4

mt-tom

Does someone make a gripper between the Iron Mind #3 and #4? I'm into my second week of the KTA program and the #3 is my goal gripper. However, the #4 seems to be so far out of my strength range that I'm just not getting any useable motion out of it. I think something just a little less in required closing strength may suit me. Any advice? Thanks!

Tom

BeefBuilder Elite and Super Elite from WeightLifters Warehouse.

You're in luck! There are quite a few.

If you live in the US, the easiest thing is to call Warren Tetting "THE GRIPPER GURU!". He's the guy who started this whole "heavy duty handgripper" thing. You can talk to the guy who started it all and get what you need. His grippers are at least as good as Ironmind's, and he has many more different strengths. I have a few and I am very pleased with his grippers.

You can order Tetting's grippers directly from "The Man," or you can go to the Weightlifters Wearhouse website. They're called "Beef Builders."

Barbaran also makes grippers and I have heard their quality is unmatched. I however cannot say because I don't own any.

Do a search in the previous posts for "Tetting" "grippers" "Barbaran" etc....and you'll find everything you need. I can't remember Tettings phone number but I know it's in the previous posts.

Good luck..

-HH

There is also a gripper made by Mr. Tetting and also sold through W.Warehouse labeled as the GrandMaster, which is, I believe, right in the mid range. The Elite would be a progressive step up and then the #4. The GrandMaster is somewhat new.

I agree Tom. The #4 was of little use to me because I couldn't even set the thing. My goal gripper was the #3 as well and I used an Elite for negatives.

You can also PM or eMail Jeff Peterson for Tetting grippers. Might as well help a grip brother out where ya can...

BC.

Get them through Warren. It took 2 weeks to get my elite form BB. And only 3 days to get a heavy elite from Warren. It helped that he lived in Minnesota and me in Wisconsin but still he doesn't dick around like BB did. Plus hes great to talk to for advice.

mt-tom,

Like the suggestions posted, I would deal directly with Tetting.

He does not fool around with getting your grippers to you.

In case you need the assistance with a phone # and address

here it is.

Warren Tetting

Thor Strength

1063 W. 7th St.

St. Paul, MN 55102

phone... 651-222-1889

Call Tetting up and tell him you are a member of the GripBoard and

you want grippers harder than the IM 3. He will fix you right up

What would Mr. Tetting rate his GrandMaster grippers at? As far as a 2.1-2.9 ? Could Jeff maybe know? I'm just curious here.

I have squeazed and closed about 3 or 4 Grand Masters

from Warren, I would rate them (even though the spings

are the same as IM #3 and the sets are the same) about

a 2.8 or 2.9 I can close mine at any given time, after

I wake up in the morning or before bed no warm up.

I can't close my #3's everytime only occassionally.

Matt

I have to say that I'm very happy with my Tetting grippers. That's happy with a capital "H". He can make it anyway you want; I have one stashed away at work and several times a day I give it a burst squeeze.

So yes, I am doing sneaky grip work at my work! :blink:laugh:tongue

Good work Snott

It's good sneaky work. :happy:laugh

It must be paying off, because I can close it everytime. :rock:bow

Thanks for the info Matt. I hope my GrandMaster is in that range. It just doesn't feel much harder than my #2. I got really close the 1st time I squeezed it. Then shut it a couple days later.

I have a super master that is like a 2.7. I judging that rating off of 3 different #3 I've tried. How wide are the handles on the GM's you guys have tried. My SM is 3'' and has a little deeper spring set.

My SuperMaster is very, very close to my #3, although it is slightly easier. I really like it. :D Hopefully it helps me to bridge the gap!

It does have WIDE handles. I did go through WW to get it. I was a little confused as to if these were Mr. Tettings grippers or not. I didn't know that he was 'mass producing' his yet. Thought I'd get one from WW and then call Mr. Tetting again and order his SuperMaster. :blush

Now I know.

I must confess....I have not tried a GrandMaster. It was based upon my SuperMaster that I figured that the GrandMaster had to be tougher than a #3.

I have had a CoC try my three and they have said that it is a pretty good and solid #3.

Bottom line, when I get a GrandMaster, I will deal with Mr. Tetting direct. At this point, it will be the next millenium before I can close my BBE. I live in Illinois and have occasion to travel for business to MN.

Mr. Snott.....I must confess that I,too, am a sneaky 'at work' gripper. :blush:blush

I work at a machinery company and there are a number of big, Polish and Hungarian workers on the floor that do a lot of manual work and have rather strong, thick hands and large forearms. I've been toying with the idea of having a couple of them at least try a #1, BBM and my #2.

Could have a whole new group out there. :rolleyes

Edited by Gripintime2

That would be interesting to see how some of those guys do.

bballdad: it sounds like you and I both have weak GM's. There's just no way my GM could be considered a 2.8 or 2.9, especially when my SM is harder! I can't really do strapholds with my SM, but I can do 5lbs or so with my GM. I'm anywhere between under 10mm and 15mm on my 2 #3's and RB 260, which is still a ways to go.

mattvanweele: my SM is 2 5/8" between the handles, which is pretty narrow. I think it's harder to set than my grippers that are around 3" between the handles. My GM is 2 7/16" between the handles!! Funny I don't have as much of a problem setting that. My hands are 8" long.

You guys seem to have narrow grippers. When I order one from Warren I always ask if it can have a least a 3'' spread. He made a one that had a Master spring that was spread to 3.25'' and the handles were a 1/32 of a inch away from the spring. The handles were steel and had no knurling. It's a beast. Close to a #3. I think everyone should have at least one gripper with steel handles just because it feels so different.

I was at Warren's and squeezed down on a couple more of his newly fashioned grippers that I was picking up for someone. They seemed to fall into an acceptable range. Gm almost a #3. SM 1/2 step below it. If Warren decides to go with his latest idea there will be some cool stuff out shortly.

The one that I have is a Tetting BBE with the handles turned down as much as possible. That leaves you with a gripper that has narrow handles, fits and feels good in your hand, and is STILL a challenge to close! :D

The one that I have is a Tetting BBE with the handles turned down as much as possible. That leaves you with a gripper that has narrow handles, fits and feels good in your hand, and is STILL a challenge to close! :D

Thats how mine is. Narrow handles about 2.75 inches and the springs barried in the handles.