Feats With Hands

Bill Piche

Thanks Wanna! It's shaping up to be a great show. I hope to have a few more details to provide in the next few days...

BC.

Looks like a great contest. Can't wait!

Brian when doing reps with the grippers how far must the handles open before starting another rep?

Sponsors and prizes so far (distribution of prizes is still to be determined)...

Plaques for top finishers

Five homemade wood gripboards to hang your grippers on (each holds ten grippers)

Bill Hinbern's Super Strength Books is providing five copies of each of the four grip books he sells

Molding A Mighty Grip by George Jowett

How To Develop A Powerful Grip by Edward Aston

Developing The Grip And Forearm by Thomas Inch

Iron Claws by Michael Brown

IronMind is providing a Go-Really-Grip Machine and five 1 year subscriptions to M I L O.

Uptown Tattoo is providing the artwork for the contest shirts.

That's what's concrete for now.

BC.

Brian when doing reps with the grippers how far must the handles open before starting another rep?

No reps. This event will be a dime hold for time. Similar to a strap hold but not as easy to cheat. Similar to a hold for time but easier to judge. Once the dime falls from between the closed handles your time is stopped. You select which gripper you'd like to use (T, 1, 2, 3, 4) but any amount of time on a harder gripper will beat any amount of time on an easier gripper. For example, if you get a 5 second hold with a #3 and I get a 50 second hold with a #2, you beat me.

BC.

Thanks for clearing that up. I guess if I could read I would have seen that in the events section. For some reason I thought it was for reps. Maybe that was Ricks contest.

Brian

1st off,a big congrats to yourself ,Jeff and Dave for taking the top 3 places in last comp :bow

As always a very nice up front and personal review of all the action,glad you all managed to keep the gym wannabies of the podium :D

Competting in 2 separate weight classes are you a GLUTAN for punishment :bow

ANYONE here who misses this contest will

truely miss some great people and some

awesome lifts, maybe even record breaking

lifts, and gripper attempts :tongue maybe

me being one of the gripper attempts that is

gonna be awesome.

Matt

• 5 weeks later...

S&H Woodowrking will be providing the wood gripper gripboards.

Fat Bastard Barbell Co. has donated a 2" wrist roller, 2.5" dumbbell, loading pin/finger lift implement, and two Fat Bastard t-shirts.

I just received the first female registration today! Congrats Maggie! It says a lot about you that you're willing to compete straight up against all of the other competitors.

13 days until showtime!

BC.

No reps here-just straight closing. Ties are decided by timed holds-

The more grip contests the better! :mosher Just keep in mind guys-I WILL ALWAYS offer the best prizes and $$. Just think of me like the WPO except with out the scandal and boucing checks!!! :D:yikes Next year-we are talking $$ for winning. Time to make a living out of our training-right!!!!!! :rock:rock

I have driven to MN before-19 straight hours with the wife and radio-NEVER AGAIN-unless maybe I get to train with Wade Gillingham and Co. And YES-I drove the whole way there AND back.

Rick Walker :rock

Just keep in mind guys-I WILL ALWAYS offer the best prizes and $$.

Pretty bold statement, Rick- especially considering that I'm going to win the Powerball this Wednesday. ;)

Wade's a nice guy- I'm sure if you drove 19 hours he'd train with you...

BC.