Silver bullet 27 second hold

David_wigren

I've been doing these holds off and on for a few weeks now. I know it doesn't stack up well against the 50+ seconds holds that the big boys do. But how do these numbers compare to the smaller fellers in the sub 90 kg? I'm a little bit out of the grip loop these days.

Edited by David_wigren
  • Like 5

Great hold and vascularity 

• Like 1

Thank you guys :) I seem to be very inconsistent with this exercise. Not in that my performance differs that much. But rather that sometimes I missjudge and under estimate how hard I need to squeeze to prevent it from slipping. Seems like every now and then the handle slip from nowhere way before I've actually starting to fatigue.

7 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Thank you guys :) I seem to be very inconsistent with this exercise. Not in that my performance differs that much. But rather that sometimes I missjudge and under estimate how hard I need to squeeze to prevent it from slipping. Seems like every now and then the handle slip from nowhere way before I've actually starting to fatigue.

I think your time is good if you don't do this exercise often. I bet you can add 5-10 seconds to it fairly easy. It is, as you wrote very easy to misjudge how much pressure you need to apply. I always find this to be the case when doing silver bullet and also when doing high rep sets with light grippers, I always close it too hard in the beginning. So with practice I think you can add seconds only with some improvment in this regard.

6 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

I think your time is good and if you don't do this exercise often. I bet you can add 5-10 seconds to it fairly easy. It is, as you wrote very easy to misjudge how much pressure you need to apply. I always find this to be the case when doing silver bullet and also when doing high rep sets with light grippers, I always close it too hard in the beginning. So with practice I think you can add seconds only with some improvment in this regard.

Yeah. I think during competition it might be a better idea to over squeeze the gripper slightly just to ensure that it wont suddenly slip. Even if it light mean that I will loose 2-3 seconds on the total time due to the added fatigue.