Shot Rotation

SqeezeMasterFlash

Anyone interested in trying the shot rotation described in the Grip Master's Manual, here are some 6 lb. shots for pretty cheap. I'm thinking about getting some just to see how difficult it really is. They look like they're too big for all but the largest hands.

Place to buy 6 lb. shots

Edited by SqeezeMasterFlash

Squeeze!

I can do 2x6lb shots and I have small/average size hands, so they should be do-able for most people on the board.

Fun stuff, I don't focus on it and usually tag it to the end of a workout once a week or so more as a massage/cool down.

Jon@han

They sound fun. I think I'll have to give these a try

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the link.

I travel a lot for work by car and always stop at Play It Again Sports looking for shots......only found them in one place but no 6's.

Thanks, agian.

Your welcome. I got mine a few days ago. Great for all of the little forgotten parts of the hand, as well as supporting strength in the wrist.

My hands are 7 3/4 inches long, about 4 inches wide and span about 8 3/4 inches.

What would be the heaviest and biggest shot I could handle without it being too big?

I have found a place here in Sweden that are selling shots but I dont know which one to get. They have 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 4 kg ones and heavier.

I only have the diameter of the 4 kg one and it seemed too big for me to use, 103mm in diameter. Help appreciated.

How big are the 6 and 8 lb shots in diameter?

I don't have a tape measure, but I would guess my 6lbers are about 3.5" in diameter. My hands are a little smaller than yours and I can use the 6 lb without too much difficulty.

Ok, thanks. Maybe I can handle the 3 kg ones. That is 6.6 lbers. They are quite expensive so I dont want to waste too much money buying shots that are too easy.

I seem to be coming in on the tail end of this discussion, but if anyone's interested, the best place I've found is "MF Athletic" (www.mfathletic.com). They have a huge selection of iron shots, from 3# to 20#, metric from 3kg to 6kg, as I recall.

My normal-sized 51-year-old hands do fine with up to 8#ers. Good for developing the muscles in the hands, in between fingers. Less liklihood of developing carpal tunnel syndrome than going all out with the pure gripping, I think.

Chris Ryan, MD