Deck Of Card Ripping

kerbjr

This one has got me stumped. Have pretty much well mastered phone books but cant get the cards. Can someone give me step by step instructions or tell me where to find detailed instructions, would really like to do this. Thanks for any help you can give me....Brett

To train for deck ripping i tear folded newspaper. I take 2 sheets and fold it 6 times (or however many make it the size of a card) then rip. I'm up to 3 sheets now and will have no problems with tearing a deck of cards once i reach 4 sheets. Try to tear a newspaper a day :shifty

Thanks for the tip sam....I am 34 y/o and once I learned the technique from Tom McCohn(sp) from Omega force it only took me about 10 minutes before I was doing medium size phone books. I have been at it about 1 month and can rip the bigger ones pretty easy although cant do them in one single pull yet.Also I have better than average grip and can close the #2 coc. The technique i use is to hold the pnone book length wise and rest bottom end on my knee, I then fold the book in a V shape and squeeze really tite with hands close together, then i unfold the V and push out and down quickly while maintaining grip and hand spacing (dont let hands slide apart or your screwed) if you hit it right medium sized phonebooks tear in one motion. I hope to get the bigger ones in one motion by the end of the year.......We will see. It helps to have someone show you in person, the little books tear effortlessly.... Have you tore any cards as of yet? What is the technique? Thanks again .....Brett

Aren't most decks of cards slippery when you try to rip them? I find it difficult at the beginning of a deck-rip to get a good hold of the cards because they slip and squirm around.

Edited by paul valpreda

ya same when i rip the desks then go all over the place, the most cards i've ripped are 62 normal sized ones :rock

i work my way up slowly

Doesn't that get expensive? I just rip papers in half as many times as possible before I throw them in the recycling at work. It's fun, but I'll definitely have to do more than that when I decide to get serious about card tearing.

I have just recently found a new love for card tearing. This is partly due to the fact that I can now do it, and partly because people seem to take alot of interest. The grippers do get peoples attention but cards are kind of like old wives tales. Everybody once new a really strong guy who could tear a deck of cards, kind of like bending horseshoes.

In terms of being expensive I think I have found a pretty good answer to that. The dollar store is my new best friend. I buy them in the 2-pack sets. 50 cents for a deck of cards aint bad. I know dollar store cards probably arnt as strong as high quality cards but as a broke college kid I do the best I can.

In terms of being expensive I think I have found a pretty good answer to that. The dollar store is my new best friend. I buy them in the 2-pack sets. 50 cents for a deck of cards aint bad.

i hear that, i pay 1 dollar for my desks

How do you guys grip the cards? I played around some last night and got 1/2 deck but my tech sucks....Brett

I do it like twisting a jar open. A really hard jar. The key is to grip the bottom of the deck REAL HARD. Keep your little finger close to your body. They're some of the key things in my technique.

How do you guys grip the cards? I played around some last night and got 1/2 deck but my tech sucks....Brett

when i get some pics or a video i'll send my tech. to you

Hey Sam thank you for the tip, 1 question though do you bend the cards any at all or just leave them flat?

Also thank you strongman I look forward to seeing them. Are you going to post on the board or do you want my email? Again thanks for the tips greatly appreciated fellows......Brett

i'll try to get them on the gripboard :rock