Blobs For Sale

Sean Dockery

I have come into some York DB's and will be making blobs out of them. I've got a few of each weight from a 50lbs DB through the 100lbs, which means blobs in 2.5 lbs increments. The DB's have been around the block, so I'll paint 'em black and stencil the weight in white on the side (27.5, 35, 50, etc.) Making it easier to tell the 47.5 from the 50. All interested parties pm me.

Pricing (buyer pays shipping via ups from zip 43201, or arrange pickup):

25-35 $20

37.5-47.5 $25

The Blob $30

Sound Fair?

Forgot to mention I only have 2 100lbers and will be keep ing one Blob for myself...4-1=3. it's first come first served.

I've sold the last 50lber. I'm going to try to get my hands on some more, so stay tuned.

Still have several of the lighter pundages if anyone is interested.

Anyone have a slick way to ship these suckers? a cardboard box would get awful beat up rolling around a distribution hub. I was considering just taping the shipping label to the blob. Any thoughts?

I sent mine UPS and just sticking the address label directly onto the Blob was not allowed. It had to be packaged (I think most places will say that but it doesn't hurt to ask). I ordered 8x8x8 shipping boxes and packed them tightly with either styrofoam peanuts or shredded paper they had at the UPS distribution center. Don't send a blob with a handle still attached and don't put more than one in the same box. Both methods will likely rip the box open, which causes problems.

I don't know what condition the box was in when people got their blobs from me, but they all got 'em!

BC.

Thank you sir! That's very helpful!

Ok got some more 50's in. Found a few new 100 db's at the local York dealer. Price for Blob has gone up to $45. That just covers cost for me. I'm gonna keep checking for better deals but right now I have 2 Blobs available for $45.

I don't know what condition the box was in when people got their blobs from me, but they all got 'em!

Brian - The box was trashed but still mostly intact. As I recall you had taped the box liberally with packing tape and if it weren't for the tape the box would have certainly split open. The square (8X8X8) box was round when it arrived on my doorstep.

Mike M.

Edited by supersqueeze

The first set Brian sent me got "lost" at UPS. Somewhere out there I think there is a grip maniac at UPS playing with my first set of Blobs.The second set he sent me got to me but the box was almost ripped open and soaking wet.I ordered a #35 from Snott and he sent it Fed-Ex and it arrived in pretty good shape. He had it taped, padded, and wrapped. Maybe he could give you some shipping ideas.

Here's the secret to shipping blobs (and I should know this because this is what I do for a living).... pack it as securely as possible!!

The box MUST be sturdy all around, and the contents MUST NOT SHIFT (well they will shift somewhat, but try and prevent this from happening as much as possible). Tape seams and closures to box as best as you can. Double tape if necessary. And label the top, "This Side Up" so the box doesn't get bounced around. If the blob stays in the box, you've won the battle.

If not.... well someone somewhere gets a funny looking doorstop. :(

OK. Thanks to everyone who has ordered Blobs from me. And to all the helpful souls who offered advice on shipping.

I am getting married to day and will be leaving on my honeymoon. I won't be back in town until July 26th. This means that if I have not pm'ed you telling you that I received your money and have shipped your order you will have to wait until I am back. On next Saturday when I return I will load all the Blobs I have money for in my truck and ship them in one fell swoop. USPS is holding my mail so feel free to continue sending checks. This is the fastest way to receive your order.

Sorry for the inconvenience. My Loving Bride insists (and I agree) that our union takes precedence.

Thanks again,

Sean

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to all who congratulated us on our marriage. We've just recovered from the honeymoon. I still have some Blobs which are for sale, and will be posting an inventory to aid in selection in the next day or so.

One note, when calculating shipping please add 3 pounds to the blobs weight, the packing ends up adding about this much.

Thanks again,

Sean

Edited by macronan

Macronan, any blob weights still for sale. I sent an email with my email address so let me know either there or on the board. Thanks in advance.

Macronan, if you have any 50# blobs for sale... please let me know by email. Thanks! :)

Snott,

I couldn't find your email addy. I have a 50. $45 plus shipping. Let me know.