Karate Gripper On Ebay

Incindium

Karate Gripper

Hey check out this auction I found on Ebay. Has anyone seen one of the Karate grippers before? Look kind of interesting. I bid up to $16 before I stopped(so with shipping it wouldn't cost more than $20) but didn't get it. The idea is intersting though. I bet it wouldn't be that had to make someing like this own your own. Any thoughts?

I've seen those... from a karate standpoint it's all part of that ridiculous tiger claw bs, but from a grip standpoint it could ever be somethign funky and different. Ironmind makes some strap type things that look like they could achieve the same sort of thing with infinite adjustability (via plateloading) just peeked in the catalog: The "Claw Curl" and "Eagle Loops". Page 26 of the 2003 (vol. 12) catalog.

I've seen those... from a karate standpoint it's all part of that ridiculous tiger claw bs.

Hmmmm.. I wouldn't be so quick to call it BS! I have been to quite a few kung fu demonstrations and have had the chance to practise along side some advocates and masters of Eagle Claw, Wushu style etc... and when it comes to hand strength these guys are serious.

Without sounding pompus, I seen these guys picking up weighted jars that they clasp like a 'hub' pinch upto and around 50lbs+ So you can see their 'Blob' potential.

As for Eagle Claw style, it was originally devised so as to allow the fighter to block blood flow, lock-up the opponent and ultimutly crush bones.

This may sound like wishy washy but if we all had a 8000 year unbroken history, as the chinese do, and concentrated for all that time on perfecting hand to hand combat then you'd think they would have some basis for hand strength within it.

Rant :D over.

Digz.

Never said they didn't work hand strength. I'm just not a huge believer in traditional martial arts. They can do stuff that looks cool for demonstrations, but beyond that... Don't want to get all off topic and stuff, but that's what I meant with the bs part. Ridiculous may have been a bit harsh on my part.