Gravel/pellets/rice/bean bucket training

Gapoz

Was wondering if anybody has experience here with rice bucket training or gravel or hard beans or any other.

This is the only video I could find with gravel, but Bruce Lee also used to do it.

and here a video with sand as well.  I hope anybody could recommend me which material to buy.   The advantage is that you also train your extensors when opening your hands.

Many martial artist use this. Brookfield recommends it in his book. Brian Shaw also once talked about using this for recovery and extensors training.

• Like 2

• 7 years later...

Hi, I am Jason . I built a a hand exercise tool to help a stroke survivor. This method derives from using a bucket filled with rice. Kids made a game out of it during prototyping and it’s giving them hand fitness. It’s pretty simple but really effective like the rice bucket. Not sure if anybody else see this, kind regards, Jason .

• Like 3

I have one...used it more regularly in past.  Now I use it more as a quick way to warm up the hands before a grip work session.  Nothing formal or long but a just a few different movements within a few minutes