# 2 Closed!

bport

On Tuesday I finally shut my #2 for the first time. :D

I have done it about 4 more times since then also. :D

I usually only try a couple of attempts during my warmups and sometimes I get it twice, sometimes not. It will take time for me to crush it with authority but at least I can close it now.

My next goal is the #3 for sure, after I finish the KTA I'll probably make up my own program to do for a couple weeks, then start back in again.

Without the gripboard I'd still have a tuff time closing my pony clamp

( thats where I was a couple months ago) :rock Thanks everyone!

Guest shovelboy

Ya good job bport. I just went down and sent away for the #2 and #3 considering my success with the #1.

I even sent the order overnight from Ottawa so I could speed it up!

Have you given the #3 a try just for the hell of it yet?

What kind of progress do you want on the #2 before attempting #3?

good job bport

if you can close the #2 you should get parellel with the #3.

:cool

Have you given the #3 a try just for the hell of it yet?

Oh I've tried the 3. I can get it a little bit past parellel on a good day. But I haven't really seasoned mine yet, so it might get a little easier?

After I finish the KTA I will start right in on the #3 in a couple weeks with another round of the KTA regardless of how well i can crush the #2.

Though I have a feeling that when I'm done with KTA I'll be able to crush the 2 with authority any day. ( I still have a few weeks of KTA left)

Thanks Everyone!

Guest shovelboy

Ya especially if you can rep out on the #2 like you used to on the #1. Just like I did 25 with the trainer before moving on, I'll probably wait till I can do 20-25 on the #1 before going to the #2.

good job bport i guess #3 is next on your list :rock

Congrats bport, keep training and the gains will come.

L.J.

Waiting to move on to the next level is a waste of time. Do you think Kinney sat around trying to get 25 reps on his #3 before he touched his #4?

I could rep the #1 out of the box, did I immediately order a #2? Nope. I was a jackass, and waited. I've now realized what a waste of time that was, and I will never wait again.

If you want to close a harder gripper, get the damn thing. If you want to be able to do a million reps, then rep away my friend.

-HH

I agree with Hammerhead (I'm doing that a lot lately!)... train with a gripper you can't close to move up. I trained with my #3 long before I could close it.

Congratulations! Maybe this will encourage you. It took me longer to advance from the one to the two, than from the two to the three.

It took me longer to advance from the one to the two, than from the two to the three.

Eric, I find this interesting, why do you think this was the case for you? I am taking time to get my #2 locked-down! I don't worry but is there such a thing as a phantomly strong #2? I ain't looking for no excuses, its just something I heard someone else saying also :dry

Digz.

Congratulations! Maybe this will encourage you. It took me longer to advance from the one to the two, than from the two to the three.

That would be very awesome if that turned out to be true for me also!

Guest shovelboy

That's the beauty of the human being hammerhead. We're all different and I'll totally respect your training.

I must admit doing forced negatives with the #1 last night feels good now (I was fried after the DLs and rows), but in my personal experience, I ALWAYS do 1 set of high reps with each hand. Hell even when I close the next gripper on my list, I will still start grip training with warmup reps on the trainer.

Besides I would have ordered the #2 and #3 sooner if I knew how quick my progress would be on the T and #1.

Guest gripmaster316

Once you know how to set the gripper training with the T and 1 comes fast. I hope the 2 and 3 come fast shovelboy.

Guest shovelboy

I feel I'lll be better off repping the #1 for ten by the time my #2 gets here. The way I work is to build confidence so I don't run into walls. I would get discouraged if I couldn't close the next gripper even once. Besides, repping makes me happy. That many more times I can do it than anyone I know.

Guest gripmaster316

Yeah... you feel like that now, but just wait until the 2 and 3 arrive. You will be very tempted to give them a squeeze.

I also do some reps with my Trainer and BBA to warm up and get all my nerves fireing; however, to work up to a stronger gripper you gotta develope your power and strength. Endurance will not close a strong gripper, strength will.

Endurance is a very important aspect of grip, it just doesn't apply as much in this case.

The most important thing is to do what works for you, and what your goals are. If you know what works, do it. If you are like me, and barely have a vague idea, then learn as much from the people here that you can.

Take a look at strongmen and powerlifters. These guys don't lift like bodybuilers doing countless reps. Their goal is strength. They lift heavy weights, low reps.

-HH

I always explain it like this: Ever see a marathon runner squat 600lbs? (No, I don't want to hear a story about a guy who somebody's friend knows that squats 600lbs and has completed a marathon. :D )

For me, it's a lazy thing. All my life I'd rather carry twice as much half as far, so I'm glad that I finally found some activities that encourage that sort of thing. :cool

Edited by CMunger