Women And Cocs

Guest shovelboy

Guest shovelboy

Please excuse the topic title (read it to yourself) :cool

Has anybody seen any women closing any grippers?

My buddy's girl is 6' 155lbs. HOT!

The point is she closed the trainer before he did!! :blush:blush

There's gotta be a tough broad out there. They turn me on :D

Guest gripmaster316

The grip goddess (Maggie) is working on the two. And I believe Elizabeth Talbot has closed a 2. I don't think any females can close a three yet.

Guest shovelboy

Cool. I figure Becca Swanson should be given a crack at those things. I bet she could close#3

Cripes, at the Arnold Classic she just DLed...what? 639? well, it was just about 300 kilos!

Edited by shovelboy

I'm starting to work with a 15yo girl who no lifting or grip experience who closed the trainer on her first try and got the #2 to parallel shortly thereafter. If she stays interested, she'll be a grip goddess.

I would be very surprised if Becca could close the #3 or #2 for that matter. She is strong as heck, but it really doesn't take that much grip strength to deadlift 635 with chalk on a regular bar. I base my prediction simply on her rolling thunder performance. I know there is not a direct correlation to grippers and rolling thunder, but when you can only do 145 lbs or so on rolling thunder, I find it unlikely that you would be able to close a #3 gripper. I would think almost any captian of crush could do at least around 175 or so on rolling thunder based simply on their crushing power.

I saw a lady rep the trainer and shut the #1 first try.She was no longer in shape and only weighed 150 when she did it.... but had been exceptionally strong a few years ago when ( not a powerlifter )she was interested in bodybuilding(inclined 85 pounders for a few reps,alternateing DB curls with 45's, shrugs with 500 on a straight bar,175#shoulder presses on a smith machine...and so on-was 5'9,185 then).She has speed and could do front and back flips even when she was heavier.Excellent coordination and speed.A CNS freak :blink with long slender fingers.IMO The key for her was all genetics.Her father(now deceased)had huge strong hands,was known as a good armwrestler and at 6'3"260-had been a very good athlete(football/baseball) in his day.One of those older fellows that when he wore a watch it looked too small...like he had a kids watch on...

Anyways it was just something they convinced her to try..and she did it.She(thank the lord)could not close the #2 :blush but she moved it a ways.

Mary McConaughey, National Women's Champion Armwrestler, has closed a #2. Her list of #2 and #3 closers can be seen here:

Heartland Arm Wrestling

She generally attends the SuperGrip Challenge in Litchfield, NE, which is where I met her. This year it will be October 18th.

Guest shovelboy

That's more like it. I thought there had to be some gripgals.

What about the female strength athletes? Jill Mills, Josée Morneau...

shovelboy, you should check out Julie Havelka's web site. Here's a link to a pic of her doing a timed hold with a COC #1:

http://www.juliehavelka.com/nwgrippic10.html

BTW, she pulled 139.75 on Ironmind's Rolling Thunder in the 2003 Northwest Rolling Thunder contest! :rock

The RT results can be found here:

http://www.juliehavelka.com/rt2003results.html

Train smart!

Guest shovelboy

Thank you :D

Really.

Hey! I can't possibly be the only guy that gets fired up seeing women that hard performing feats of strength no less...

I feel like making the Rosco P. Coltrane "Coo, coo, cool!"

shovelboy,

Your desire to see women mashing the grippers make me sick!! :angry:

It reminds me of.... ME!!! :laugh:tongue:laugh