#2 Done!

nrw125

Sometimes I guess it just comes in leaps and bounds. My last workout was Monday and I was so close. But I didn't expect it to happen this workout. I wasn't even planning to workout today. I was bored so I picked up my grippers and started off by giving the T a few reps for a warmup. My knuckles were hurting from Monday so I just did sets of clamp pinches. I had a few spare minutes so I decided to clean my grippers. I pulled out the WD40 and some Q-tips. I picked up the #2 gave it a half-hearted playful squeeze and got to 1/4 inch without any effort. I finished cleaning my grippers but that #2 was bugging me so I picked it up, sqeezed, and there it was, the handles were kissed together. It felt to easy so I turned over the hand to double check the markings and yes, it was the #2. I held it for 2 or 3 seconds and then let it go. I waited a minute and did it again, holding for 2 or 3 seconds. I did it on my third attempt, but on the 4th and 5th, there was daylight. I ordered the BB supermaster right after that. Having my name added to the Gripboard's #2 list has been one of the motivators for me, and now it's done. Next workout I'll start strapholds with the #2 even if it's for only 1/2 pound. Thanks everybody, the board has provided me with invaluable knowledge the last few months and has got me here today.- Nick :D

Guest gripmaster316

Wait until you start strapholds with 10 pounds plus, you'll feel really good then. Congrats on mashing the two. :rock:rock:rock Try no set closes, then try no set close to reps. And if you are really feeling good try no set closes behind the back!!!

Edited by gripmaster316

GM316, some day hopefully :D . Just remember, every day that finds you alive and healthy is blessing, and ANOTHER CHANCE TO TRAIN.

Nick

congrats nrw. I know it felt good to look down and see those handles finally shut. Now on to the #3!! I ordered the GrandMaster and the Elite. Looks like I need to go and order the SuperMaster though.

Good Luck on your journey to closing the SuperMaster.

way to go on closing the #2 :mosher , how long have you been training?

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock

:cool

About 1 year now, though till I joined the gripboard it was without a plan or any real guidance. The T took me a week to close, then I just messed around doing reps with it for a month and a half I think. Then I got the #1 and that took maybe 2 weeks to close. Then I just started fooling around with reps again. I got the #2 sometime in mid march, so 3 1/2 months for the 2. And the month of february, no training because i was in the hospital. Had I found the gripboard sooner, this post would have come much sooner also I'm sure.

Nick

good job

Edited by thomas straub

Awesome Job, closing the 2 is quite an accomplishment. Keep up the training, I have the supermaster also it is the perfect gripper to work towards after closing the 2. Good Luck-Austin Slater

Congratulations Nick! It's strange how more often than not, we make that big gripper close when we least expect it. I bet your day was made! :D:rock

Keep up the good work Nick :rock

Nick

Congrats and nice work on the #2.

My 17year old son in law closed the #2 the day of getting it last week for his birthday,he shows good potential for the grippers as hes only been doin them for 3months.

The new young breed of members and gripsters are showing great potential for the future of are sport and i SALUTE you ALL. :bow

Guest shovelboy

I just opened the #1 on the weekend and did sets right out of the wrap. I was really happy with that.

5 reps, 4, then 1 with right hand.

2 reps with left hand before something twinged in my middle finger.

Its been a couple of days, so if I wanted to do some with today's back/biceps (curls, concentration hammers, light reverses / rows shrugs DLs, should I do the grippers right after or before the DLs?

Any suggestions? I'm fired up from this initial success...

Guest shovelboy

Thanks bud. I respect the opinion of anyone who can toy with 320 clean/presses... :ohmy

I just finished the 5th of 8weeks toward a 200.

Explosive dynamics are so effective eh? OOPS! off topic alert!!!

Guest shovelboy

Ok, when I finish off with the grippers, should I do a bunch of DL mocking sets (7 second holds with the trainer for 6 OW!) or quick-click sets for 15-20 (trainer)

or should I just do 2 sets to fail in each hand with the #1?

I don't think I would use a T for work sets when you can use the 1. I've only use my T for warmup reps for a long time, that's it. Nick