Bs Detector

Jonathan McMillan

One of the staff on my ward was going on and on about how he pulled 300lbs on a dynometer at the Y. :rolleyes So I brought my grippers in for him to give them a go...couldn't even shut the Trainer.

I guess his stories of crushing full cans with one hand would be BS too especially considering this was told in his younger days so it would have been the old cans :laugh

Jon@han

Guest gripmaster316

300 lbs.??? Why would you even say such a stupid thing?? John, did you tell him that the resistance needed to close the trainer was about a third of what he "pulled" at the Y.

P.S. That dyno must either be really off, or he was blatantly lying. If that dyno is off imagine what a CoC would get on it!!! :whacked:whacked:whacked:whacked

Edited by gripmaster316

Jonathan,

Did you show him what you could do? :)

I think you should build him up by having him grip train with you... get him a Trainer and a #1 and MOHS and get him involved! Tell him about us, and show him what it takes to close a really tough gripper!

You might be converting your friend into grip training!! Ya never know.... ;)

I thought most average dynometeres didn't even read up to 300lbs, but I'm a nice guy so I brought the grippers in so he could make his own decision on whether or not his claims were silly ;)

He was seriously impressed with them, but I don't think he would train on them :( My other co-worker is very strong and has shut the #1 for reps without training and bends green equilvalents with some effort.

Jon@han