In case you missed it...Delmar smashing a WR 218.8lbs on The Flask!

Squeezus

@acromegaman

Dude..I think you're the one responsible for global warming.   On fire!

• Like 3

Thanks fellers! I'm looking forward to big numbers coming from Nate's contest.

Well now - that looked way too easy - put some more weight on there :).  Great lift!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, climber511 said:

Well now - that looked way too easy - put some more weight on there :).  Great lift!

Will do! ;)

Strong dude!

Two things:

1) Delmar smashing anything shouldn't be a surprise but that lift is awesome. 

2) I've never seen anyone clean a griplement before lifting 😂

That was pretty amazing. 

But is is it really a world record?  I don't mean to bust balls but do the Finns, English and Russians have one or is it localized to the US?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, EJ Livesey said:

That was pretty amazing. 

But is is it really a world record?  I don't mean to bust balls but do the Finns, English and Russians have one or is it localized to the US?

They could have one if they wanted one. It's the most that's been lifted on the device. 👌🏼

• Like 4

We've all been through the whole - what does it take to set a recognized WR.  It's hard to call it a WR when not done in a competition - not knocking on it but that's where WRs are set.  It's a darn nice gym lift though.   It's a relatively new piece of equipment so it's kind of like when the Euro first came out - I mean the first comp lift ever done on it was a record (even if it was empty) - and so on until we have a long history on the Euro.  In a few years the Flask will probably be the same way - looking forward to Delmar doing even better in a sanctioned meet.  I look forward to Jedd and Kody lifting on a flask sometime as well.  I still don't know how the Flask and the Euro compare ???

Edited by climber511
  • Like 2

Excellent lift, period.

15 hours ago, EJ Livesey said:

That was pretty amazing. 

Do you you know how many implements DHWOG has released?

Screenshot_2016-06-03-05-26-23.png

15 hours ago, climber511 said:

We've all been through the whole - what does it take to set a recognized WR.  It's hard to call it a WR when not done in a competition - not knocking on it but that's where WRs are set.  It's a darn nice gym lift though.   It's a relatively new piece of equipment so it's kind of like when the Euro first came out - I mean the first comp lift ever done on it was a record (even if it was empty) - and so on until we have a long history on the Euro.  In a few years the Flask will probably be the same way - looking forward to Delmar doing even better in a sanctioned meet.  I look forward to Jedd and Kody lifting on a flask sometime as well.  I still don't know how the Flask and the Euro compare ???

Well...NAGS and Horne's contests are pretty much in line...but I don't know about how that incorporates the rest of the world. Video evidence will always be sketchy at best (cough cough silver bullet).  I think competition should be the standard for official WR recognition, but who really governs Gripsport on a "global" level?

As far as comparing...it currently appears that the flask numbers are about 10-15% below the Euro.  Jake Salaney...somehow pulling the same.  However, I believe this gap will close significantly in the future.  There has been almost zero training on the implement as to the long term so far.  Chris...here's Kody's pulls thus far.

Screenshot_2016-06-03-06-08-24.pngScreenshot_2016-06-03-06-12-21.png

10 hours ago, Cannon said:

Two things:

1) Delmar smashing anything shouldn't be a surprise but that lift is awesome. 

2) I've never seen anyone clean a griplement before lifting 😂

I like to use a chalked up ironmind pad to get rid of any hand oils on my devices. I've done a lot of experimenting and It works really well for me :) 

Thanks everyone!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, anwnate said:

but who really governs Gripsport on a "global" level?

No one.

That's the issue.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jose Cabrera said:

Congratulations Delmar! 

Thanks Jose!

On June 3, 2016 at 7:43 AM, acromegaman said:

I like to use a chalked up ironmind pad to get rid of any hand oils on my devices. I've done a lot of experimenting and It works really well for me :) 

Thanks everyone!

That's a great idea since I have heavily chalked pads and don't bend anymore!!

• Like 1

Yeah on my blobs I scrub them down and rechalk. It has been noticable effective.

• 2 weeks later...