What are people lifting on the Wrist Wrench?

Daniel Fleming

Seeing as theres barely any records of Wrist Wrench deadlifts anywhere, Im just curious as to what the top lifts of people on GripBoard were. (especially the -83kg class)

Here's my lift from Canadian Nationals in February.  I plan on buying one and training with it so Im that much closer to lifting the Inch when I go back to Ottawa in October for King Kong.

Edited by Daniel Fleming
  • Like 6

Very strong! I have heard of 55 kg as the best. But that is rare. Anything over 50kg is rare. Over 45 is very strong. Over 40 is strong. Over 35 is good. I got 37.5kg as best

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jose Cabrera said:

Damn, thats impressive! 95lbs on that thing is serious!

Thanks dude!

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

Very strong! I have heard of 55 kg as the best. But that is rare. Anything over 50kg is rare. Over 45 is very strong. Over 40 is strong. Over 35 is good. I got 37.5kg as best

55kg is insane!    Just getting to 50kg will require some serious training..

40 minutes ago, MRabich said:

83 lbs bodyweight 195

Thanks for the input! 

I think 100 is world class. 95 at your weight is already world class. To think it was your first time trying it? That's nuts. Looking forward to seeing your plan to attack the wrist wrench and continue your wrist curling climb. Both could benefit each other imo. 

13 minutes ago, JamesG said:

I think 100 is world class. 95 at your weight is already world class. To think it was your first time trying it? That's nuts. Looking forward to seeing your plan to attack the wrist wrench and continue your wrist curling climb. Both could benefit each other imo. 

Thanks dude.   Thats why I really want to get my own WW!   They'll for sure push each others max lifts even higher!

• Like 1

92 lb with a marked stop at lockout (91 lb with my right hand), total weight including handle.

BW 163lb

• Like 2

88 lb Right handed and 78.5 left handed. That's the last I messed with it for a max effort. I'm pretty weak for my size so bodyweight doesn't matter to me.

Tried over 90 and got it cracked off the ground but eh the WW won that battle.

Edited by KapMan
  • Like 1

I had never pulled over 90 on my home made ww.  I got 105 at the Canadians.  We had 3 guys over 100 if I remember correctly.  

• Like 1

I've heard a couple of inch lifters say 100 lbs on the Wrist Wrench is roughly comparable to the Inch. This isn't always the case as some guys are a little below that and lift the inch and some guys are above it and cant but I think it puts you in the ballpark. I need to try an inch so if anyone has one in the Northwest let me know lol.

Daniel your wrist curl thread has me motivated to push that lift hard so thanks for sharing.

• Like 2

Storm Chellino (WAL AW champ at 195#) broke 121# off the ground without chalk or warmup right in front of me. Most ive done is 100.8#

• Like 3

121 is incredible. Would be interesting to see how he trains his grip/wrists. Something he's doing obviously carries over. I still think wrist flexion strength is the one area grip guys neglect that armwrestlers obviously have in droves. They also excel in thick bar. Maybe we as a grip community is missing something that is right in front of us.

• Like 1

I think the weight chsnges significantly if you have to lockout which causes most ppl elbow to extend then losing the underhand curl position. Most AW ive seem have done it in the bicep lock position similar to Daniel so that could also be possible reason is that flexed elbow position is not that strong for all gripsters while AW it usually is very strong!

• Like 1

Awesome input guys!     This is definitely an easier lift for people who have trained for armwrestling.  

1 hour ago, austinslater said:

121 is incredible. Would be interesting to see how he trains his grip/wrists. Something he's doing obviously carries over. I still think wrist flexion strength is the one area grip guys neglect that armwrestlers obviously have in droves. They also excel in thick bar. Maybe we as a grip community is missing something that is right in front of us.

I don't think its that people neglect wrist flexion strength, just that armwrestlers take it more seriously.  Wrist curls has been my go-to training and one of my fav exercises for the last 3 years and Ive probably trained it more than anything else, besides pullups.
Also, I think training wrist curls declined like I did in my PR wrist curl video definitely pays off in this event more than wrist curling off a flat bench.

I also felt way more comfortable with my bicep locked like in the video.   It literally feels like armwrestling and I love it :)

And Im happy it motivated you, @austinslater  Lets build some iron wrists!!

Edited by Daniel Fleming