"Wrist curls" with a gripper

wobbler

Searched, came up empty. Just tried these with lighter grippers (zenith 1 and 2) to try to improve rolling handle numbers. Thougt process is if I get stronger with my wrist cocked holding a gripper shut, I can keep my wrist from opening up as much with a rolling handle. I also have a click in my right wrist as it straightens out with rolling handles, and I think this will help me work it out.

Anyone try this, any thoughts?

9 minutes ago, wobbler said:

Searched, came up empty. Just tried these with lighter grippers (zenith 1 and 2) to try to improve rolling handle numbers. Thougt process is if I get stronger with my wrist cocked holding a gripper shut, I can keep my wrist from opening up as much with a rolling handle. I also have a click in my right wrist as it straightens out with rolling handles, and I think this will help me work it out.

Anyone try this, any thoughts?

Hmmm.  I vaguely remember that Joe Kinney said something in "Get a Grip" to the effect that he injured himself doing movements while holding a gripper closed.  That's the only thing I've ever heard about it.  No idea personally.

Will keep that in mind, starting slow and staying light, I'll see how it feels tomorrow.

I feel like this would be better and safer trained by doing thickbar wrist curls, but I would be happy to be proved wrong.

We discussed this with John Brzenk himself in the Arm Wrestling sub forum. If I remember correctly they do it for testing and not for training. I personally won't do it

Feels almost normal with the gripper inverted so I might stick with that. Does feel a little off with the gripper in normal position.