Screwing around before work. New 2.5" crusher PR

JakeNS

• Like 9

thanks brotha 

Very strong. Can you lift the inch? It seems so. 45KG of 2.5 crushers is much harder than your baby 45kg inch

6 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Very strong. Can you lift the inch? It seems so. 45KG of 2.5 crushers is much harder than your baby 45kg inch

Yes I have gotten the inch up to lock out.. 

yea the crusher is defenitley tough. The 100# inch Jr. Isn't very hard when doing a single lift with it. That weight is best used for high rep work or holds for time. I use my 100# inch jr a lot for gooseneck holds.

I feel a huge difference between the 100# and 125# inch Jr. The 25lbs adds quite a bit of difficulty.

But to answer which is harder I can understand that the crusher could possibly feel harder to lift at 100lbs compared  to an 100# inch Jr. But keep in mind as the globe Dumbbells get up in weight 125,150,172 the globes will be larger. The distance the globes are from the handle increases the amount of rotation you'll feel. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KapMan said:

nice lift jake, I trailing you right now. Don't let me catch up!

Haha ok I'll try to not let you catch me .. I'll have to step it up, I have more in the tank I think..

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JakeNS said:

Haha ok I'll try to not let you catch me .. I'll have to step it up, I have more in the tank I think..

Looked like it to me.

On 5/8/2016 at 7:50 PM, JakeNS said:

But to answer which is harder I can understand that the crusher could possibly feel harder to lift at 100lbs compared  to an 100# inch Jr. But keep in mind as the globe Dumbbells get up in weight 125,150,172 the globes will be larger. The distance the globes are from the handle increases the amount of rotation you'll feel. 

Okay got it! But still even on the 172 globe which feels harder? Your crusher or?

On May 15, 2016 at 8:21 AM, Alawadhi said:

Okay got it! But still even on the 172 globe which feels harder? Your crusher or?

I feel like the globe Dumbbells and inch will be harder. You have to lift them to lockout while the crusher is only a 6" lift. There has been a lot of people able to pop the inch off the ground or get a few inches of air but not to complement lockout. 

But I feel like unless your lifting a crusher and a globe dumbbell that's very close to your max it's hard to really feel the difference.

if you're lifting a weight that's relatively very easy for you then it's way harder to compare which implement feels harder. In my opinion. 

• Like 1

Makes sense.

For me i can barely get 68kg crusher of ground and the 68kg inch to knee level. Did this yesterday. But as yiu said the globels on the 79kg is bigger thus more rotation plus the crusher is thicker actually. Right?

Correct bigger globes will create more rotation. Are Dumbbells we have now are about 2.5" diameter handles. When our 150# comes out that will also be 2.5". When we get our actual 172# inch replicas out in the next couple months we will be making those handles 2 3/8" just like the original inch Dumbbells to keep them as accurate as possible.

The 2.5" crusher is bigger then most inch replicas out there. If I remember reading correctly somewhere on jedds website he stated that 172# replicas that are out there are ranging between 2.38-2.47".

you might want to measure your 68kg dumbbell and see what the diameter is, if it's on the smaller end of that range, that might be why it feels easier then your 68kg on your crusher.

for me personally, 172lbs on a 2.5" crusher is easier then lifting my 172lb inch replica. And my inch replica handle is smaller then 2.5".

• Like 1

Thanks very informative! Was looking for this exactly