Plate Carry

Guest Fred Fornicola

Guest Fred Fornicola

The other day I decided to try plate carries for the first time. It was about 110* in the garage and a cool 105* outside so I figured it was about time to really work up a good sweat. :blink

I did a whole body workout and decided to do supersets of wrist rollers (2 1/2 " roller I use on my power rack) and plate carries. Since I never really did plate carries before I wanted to start out conservatively so I used 2 - 35's. I did a set of wrist rolls, both ways and immediately did the plate carries up and down the driveway. Then back to the wrist roller and the to the plates. I went back and forth 4-5 times, leaving my forearms so torched that I couldn't turn the wrist roller even one revolution.

I initally was using the plates flat sides in and then switched it up after my 2nd go around. WOW, the grip worked even harder since I was essentially pinching 2 35's and walking with them.

I mention the plate carries because they may be a way of substituting or assisting the pinch grip. I'm going to experiment a bit more but I thought I'd pass it on to you guys to ponder :whistel

cantgripcrap

do u walk with the pinched weight or do you just do a standing negative

Was this a pair of 35s in each hand? One 35 in each hand? Two-hand pinching a pair of 35s?

BC.

Guest Fred Fornicola

Place the weights together as you would set up for a pinch grip (smooth side out) but grab them on each side. Now stand up and bring them up to upper ab/chest level. Your forearms should be about parallel to the ground and your elbows pulled back, similiar to the completion of a seated row. You work the whole posterior chain, the forearms and bi's take a beating and like I said, if you have the plates smooth side out it really works the hands HARD!

And yes, I walked with the plates up & down the driveway. If I recall, Dr. Ken has his people make trips down the block and back with 100 pounders :cry

Edited by Fred Fornicola

that does sound like fun, i have to try that sometime