2 hours ago, Anthony C. said:

Ohhhhhhh yeah.

I KNEW it was you!

koolaid guy.jpg

Saturday can't get here soon enough! 

• Like 5

You have always had an awesome gym setup

• Like 1

I'm way pumped and bringin Bagels, Beer, and Balls to the wall intensity! Chez come down anyway

• Like 2

Tom, a big thanks to you and Martina for opening up your home and hosting such a great contest.  

Watching so many PR's and World Records fall made me more than a little envious.  

I think the Choker event was ultra cool.  I almost didn't bring the 223!!! :blink  Never seen someone sit out two attempts because they maxed an event.

It'll probably be a little while before I put together a trip report, but I definitely will.  

You've got a lovely family.  Please tell Martina I enjoyed the spread.  

• Like 8

Name Division Weight in KG Grippers Choked to Parallel (LBS) Barrel Strength 1 Hand Flask (KGS) FBBC 2.5'' Crusher (KGS) Barrel Strength 2 Hand Tip Tester (KGS) Total Points Wilks Total
Brixton Maizels Junior 31.3 43 10 17 39 244.1  
Pat Maizels HW-Men 96.2 125 23 65 96 246.3 148.88
Chris Andrade HW-Men 92.1 128 27 53 100 246.6 150.25
Mo Charkir HW-Men 110.2 135 29 53 100 254.5 143.86
Anthony Andrade Junior 49 58 12 16 41 278.1  
Anton Torrella HW-Men 99.8 154 30 57 114 278.9 164.97
Mike Rabich HW-Men 86.9 138 31 64 113 281.4 172.07
Gary Kessler HW-Men 86.9 169 28 64 108 284.8 334.66
Jacob Scibelli Junior 54.4 89 0 35 61 300  
Don Smitley HW-Men 92.1 152 38 67 114 308.8 352.32
Tom Scibelli HW-Men 98 174 32 70 117 308.9 357.34
Anthony Clarino LW-Men 70.3 169 30 53 103 312 369.25
Andrew Scibelli Junior 36.3 63 12 20 52 313.1  
Patty Maizels Women 67.4 79 18 34 59 363.7 400.42
Amber Edwards Women 61 94 16 31 66 369.3 416.23
Maria Bascetta Women 68.5 89 15 33 74 375.1 415.88
Dave Labbe HW-Men 142 185 41 89 157 383 429.79
Gil Goodman HW-Men 96.8 223 39 87 150 388.4 450.79
Dan Fleming LW-Men 79.6 200 39 73 132 400 462.13

This wraps up the second NCGC, I had an awesome time, met some awesome people and caught up with some awesome people I already knew.  We had 19 people down in my small basement and it quickly got real hot down there lol.  We had 4 junior lifter! and 3 female lifter!  The first event was rated grippers choked to parallel. I think this was a good event, it took the skill of setting a gripper totally out of the equation and let lifters free to just crush a gripper as hard as they could.  The only problem was @Squeezus had maxed out the highest gripper we had on his second attempt!!  At the time I thought he had broken the world record, but when I went back to check, the highest choked close was 224, which I know Gil is capable of closing one higher than that (sorry I didn't any higher Gil!).  We had a number of lifters hit above body weight gripper closes, including   @Daniel Fleming closing a 200lb SE! and @Anthony C. closing a 169lb E! Anthony also had the fourth highest wilks score out of the men.

The next event was the flask.  A year ago at my first competition, I had the one hand euro pinch, a number of competitor couldn't one hand pinch the device.  The flask has now solved this problem perfectly, we had 4 junior lifters and 3 women lifters that participated fully in this event and the event ran relatively quickly due to not having to change widths.  Due to the number of people in my basement the humidity was very high and made the flask kind of slick, which I think threw some people's numbers off.

The next event was the crusher, I can't remember too much about this event, except I should have chalked up on my last attempt!  But I think my favorite event was the 2 hand Tip Tester, it was a lot of fun.  I didn't train this at all leading up to the contest, but I am going to start and want to get good at it.  So many people had awesome lifts on this event.  One of my favorite lifts was when Maria paused mid way through her last lift, then, somehow dug deep and did some kind of power shrugged that drove the weight up the rest of the way, then somehow she hung on to it and followed the weight down for a Good Lift!  Gil and Dave were pretty neck and neck on this lift, I'm pretty sure Gil PR-ed on this lift, then @VA Dave went ham on the tip tester and broke the world record and went on to pull darn near 400lbs for some unofficial pulls.  Simply put, Dave owns that lift lol.

Can't thank @anwnate enough for helping out with scoring and Pat Maizels and Gil for helping out with loading, I couldn't have done it without you guys.  If anyone has any pics or videos could you post the links here, I was so busy with everything I didn't get barely anything.

I also want to thank @jedd johnson and @cannon for sponsoring the event.

I will be sending Jared this spreadsheet to have it uploaded into the gripsport.org website.

• Like 11

Holy crap some unreal numbers here.... the 223 was a coc 4? Congrats to all you guys very impressive stuff! Tom might have stolen some dirt or chalkdust from Chris Rice's gym. Magical strength wish i could make trip someday.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jvance said:

Holy crap some unreal numbers here.... the 223 was a coc 4? Congrats to all you guys very impressive stuff! Tom might have stolen some dirt or chalkdust from Chris Rice's gym. Magical strength wish i could make trip someday.

Thanks Jon, I believe it was a GHP9, it was Nate's, I'll let him confirm that.  You guys need to put Andrews AFB on your wishlist so I can get you out here!

The 200 was a GE ;)  I still can't believe I closed it.  

Im also curious as to how the total points were calculated! 

Besides that. . I had so much fun. That's the most awesome trophy ever!  Can't thank you enough @Tom Scibelli !  Thats quite the amazing setup you have in your basement! 

Edited by Daniel Fleming
  • Like 4

Or as Nate calls that gripper, Yeti. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, richcottrell said:

Or as Nate calls that gripper, Yeti. 

Yup!  Now that I finally found the elusive beast ...never shall we part. :) 

7 hours ago, Tom Scibelli said:

Thanks Jon, I believe it was a GHP9, it was Nate's, I'll let him confirm that.  You guys need to put Andrews AFB on your wishlist so I can get you out here!

CoC #4 Jon

7 hours ago, Daniel Fleming said:

The 200 was a GE ;)  I still can't believe I closed it.  

Im also curious as to how the total points were calculated! 

Besides that. . I had so much fun. That's the most awesome trophy ever!  Can't thank you enough @Tom Scibelli !  Thats quite the amazing setup you have in your basement! 

GE yes! Thanks Dan. Scoring was done by the percent based scoring for each division. For example, on the choked grippers event Gil closed the highest (223) in the HW division so he gets 100 points, Dave closed a 185, so to find out his points you'd do 185/223 x100= 83 points. You do that for each event then total everyone's points.

• Like 3

Great numbers everyone. Pretty sick choker close Gil. 

• Like 2

That was a great comp Saturday - I had a lot of fun meeting new people and the regular blast hanging out and competing with the other tri-state warriors that took the trip down south - a lot of great prs were set - Dave, Gil, and Dan are monsterously strong! Thanks a lot to Tom for putting together such a fun time and all the hard work and effort that went into it and I can't wait to see everyone again next time!

• Like 3

Oh!  Okay, thanks @Tom Scibelli
In that case I calculated that Gil had the highest with 387, Dave 2nd with 383, and me 3rd with 350.
I was just curious because there was no way Id have a higher total than Gil and Dave. 
400 would make me the winner in all the events.

Edited by Daniel Fleming
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Anton.Torrella said:

That was a great comp Saturday - I had a lot of fun meeting new people and the regular blast hanging out and competing with the other tri-state warriors that took the trip down south - a lot of great prs were set - Dave, Gil, and Dan are monsterously strong! Thanks a lot to Tom for putting together such a fun time and all the hard work and effort that went into it and I can't wait to see everyone again next time!

Dude, you were a blast to have there competiting!    Looking forward to seeing you at another comp!

• Like 1

Jared has entered the results into the GripSport.org database and I have checked them in. So they should be live now.

Congrats to everyone who got out there and competed.

- Aaron

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Daniel Fleming said:

Oh!  Okay, thanks @Tom Scibelli
In that case I calculated that Gil had the highest with 387, Dave 2nd with 383, and me 3rd with 350.
I was just curious because there was no way Id have a higher total than Gil and Dave. 
400 would make me the winner in all the events.

That's right Dan, except I separated the divisions into Juniors, Women, LW and HW men. Gil won the HW with Dave coming in second. You were first in the LW division that's why it's showing you with 400.

Now I did calculate wilks for all divisions except juniors and that brought you into direct competition with the HW men and you had the highest wilks and became the champ.

• Like 2

Ohhhhhhhh, okay!  It all makes sense now!  Thanks, dude.
See you again in the future @Tom Scibelli!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, acorn said:

Jared has entered the results into the GripSport.org database and I have checked them in. So they should be live now.

Congrats to everyone who got out there and competed.

- Aaron

Thank you @Jared Goguen !

• Like 1

Great comp ran super smooth thanks to all involved !  love seeing the growth of the sport this year. the womens and juniors added all kinds of excitement.

• Like 1

Awesome numbers by everyone!  Congratulations to everyone that competed.