Grip Overtraining?

Drakon61

Hello grippals! ! Actually I'm following the rrbt program every day and doing thick bar 2 days per week and pinch and wrist curls two days per week too. (And my powerlifting training too 3 days per week) Do you think is too much? I'm planning to start with kta when I finish with the rrbt. Maybe i'll rest for a week before starting with kta. 

Thank you guys

If I remember correctly, I believe both RRBT and KTA ask you to suspend other (grip) training efforts since both plans are so rigorous and are meant to be specialization.  Maybe you are someone who can tolerate the work, but I think you're asking for trouble.  Also, consider more rest prior to jumping right into KTA.  Take like a month off and maybe do some "regular" training with a peak to see where you're at.  Good luck.

Edited by Cannon
added the word (grip)
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Cannon said:

If I remember correctly, I believe both RRBT and KTA ask you to suspend other (grip) training efforts since both plans are so rigorous and are meant to be specialization.  Maybe you are someone who can tolerate the work, but I think you're asking for trouble.  Also, consider more rest prior to jumping right into KTA.  Take like a month off and maybe do some "regular" training with a peak to see where you're at.  Good luck.

Completely agree with this.

If you can do RRBT and at the same time do everything you say you're probably made out of steel :D

RRBT is extremely tough on the skin and in the end also very tough in every other aspect, once you get to phase 5 or 6 it shouldn't be much left in you, if it is then you're using grippers that are too easy.

• Like 1

Thank you:D:D:D:D:D right now I'm feeling fatigue on my forearms so maybe i'm going to leave the other grip work and focus on rrbt till I finish it

15 hours ago, Cannon said:

Was just going to post this myself. These are super intense specialization programs and both clearly state other grip work is not recommended. 

Doing any any extra gripwork while doing KTA is asking for an injury,

Awesome program but done right it taxes you heavily.

I do not have any experience with RRBT.