Strongest grip you know by a 14 year old?

Fatum

Hi,

Im writing on behalf of my friend who would like to know how strong his grip is compared to other kids his age (Doesn't have to be exactly 14. Prefer U-16 though). 

His grip strength is an outstanding 76.6kg and he's currently 14. 

What are some other things (other than using COC trainer 40kg) he can do to train and improve his grip strength?

12804064_1045898425474655_1283235661_n.jpg

Edited by Fatum

nice work!

My friend Miikael (15 years old) closed coc3 with ccs and crushed also bigger grippers at MM-Set. Also benched 200kg at raw. Strong kid.

Edited by Juha Harju

He's very strong an IM Trainer is way to easy for him, he should get more grippers to start with. He could probably close a COC#2.

4 hours ago, Fatum said:

Hi,

Im writing on behalf of my friend who would like to know how strong his grip is compared to other kids his age (Doesn't have to be exactly 14. Prefer U-16 though). 

His grip strength is an outstanding 76.6kg and he's currently 14. 

What are some other things (other than using COC trainer 40kg) he can do to train and improve his grip strength?

12804064_1045898425474655_1283235661_n.jpg

do you have a vid of him doing it? It's hard for people to trust what you are saying and discuss this if they don't know you and you only post a pic. 

I see many 14-16 year olds at my ninja warrior gym that have very strong grip for their bodyweight and age. My recommendation other than what he is doing is body weight training, it might also be safer for that age. Also indoors climbing/bouldering is another way to strengthen many aspects of grip (except perhaps crushing grip but he is already doing grippers). 

7 minutes ago, Juha Harju said:

nice work!

My friend Miikael closed coc3 with ccs and crushed also bigger grippers at MM-Set. Also benched 200kg at raw. Strong kid.

I remember watching this before, just amazing, hard to believe that a 15 year old did that. I'd love to know how he got there. Is he still training grip? That vid is from 2010 so I imagine now he is 21.

2 minutes ago, Evan Raftopoulos said:

I remember watching this before, just amazing, hard to believe that a 15 year old did that. I'd love to know how he got there. Is he still training grip? That vid is from 2010 so I imagine now he is 21.

When he was 15 years old he tried also official ironmind #3 cert but missed it. So shame. He crushed Beef Builder Elite (3.43) at MM-Set or little bit wider. Very awesome close.

He competed at raw powerlifting and bulked himself over 138kg. He was 100% natural athlete and very strong. Later he hurted himself and now he is slim, smart young man.

bummer he just missed it, he would have been the youngest to ever to do it I imagine. Sounds like a strong kid all around, is he not training anymore? Hopefully he returns to grip one day and surprises everyone again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

He's very strong an IM Trainer is way to easy for him, he should get more grippers to start with. He could probably close a COC#2.

Looking at the picture again I realized that his strength might be fairly normal. I have the same type of dynamometer myself and depending on where you set the handle it can become much easier to get high readings with it. Personally I always set it at the widest setting which is around 60 mm, since it would go out of range for me otherwise.

On 3/3/2016 at 1:39 PM, Evan Raftopoulos said:

bummer he just missed it, he would have been the youngest to ever to do it I imagine. Sounds like a strong kid all around, is he not training anymore? Hopefully he returns to grip one day and surprises everyone again. 

Maybe with the new rules. But there was an 14 or 13 year teen who did it with the old rules. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alawadhi said:

Maybe with the new rules. But there was an 14 or 13 year teen who did it with the old rules. 

wow,who?

Oskar Carlsson is pretty strong at 14. He's about a mm away from closing the #3 gripper. Should have a good chance of lifting the Inch dumbbell before he turns 15.

• Like 1

Given the thick bar strength of his dad (91k with the ridiculously hard LGC handle and 50k+ with the wrist wrench) I am not surprised.

1 hour ago, David_wigren said:

Oskar Carlsson is pretty strong at 14. He's about a mm away from closing the #3 gripper. Should have a good chance of lifting the Inch dumbbell before he turns 15.

Oskar Bertrandsson was his name. Got his last name mixed up.

Yes Mikael, Håkan is disgustingly strong, particularly with thick bar. 

Strong kids in this thread!