The Grippers

buckdicky

Is it possible to get to the #3 just using the grippers. Right now i just weightlift M,W,F and train about every other day or every two on the grippers. Just wandering if it can be done without using other grip tools.

jon

That is all I used-though I did modify some by grinding down the handles.

Rick Walker :rock

I had a very informal approach with grippers. Just squezing the #3 whien I felt like it. I ONLY used the #3 and it went down bit by bit.

Tim Steinspring did it. If he can do it, why not you? :happy

just keep working on it you'll get it down! :rock:rock

Well thats good to know because i only planned on using the grippers to get to the number 3. I also dont know how to set up a workout really and i have no money to get the kta program so pretty much when i do the grippers i do 5x5 on each hand with the T and go for fast explosive closes then go as many reps as possible on each hand with the T gettin between 22-24 reps then i do singles with the #1 maybe 2x1 on each hand then i just do negatives with #1 and holds with it.... so thats what im doin now and only for a week because i just got the CoC's last week. Does this workout sound alright or should i change it up.

jon

Guest gripmaster316
I had a very informal approach with grippers. Just squezing the #3 whien I felt like it. I ONLY used the #3 and it went down bit by bit.

Very informal... I am just curious how many months did it take to close the beast????

buckdicky-

If you want to get better at endurance your on the right path. If you want strength to close the three you may need to modify a bit. Read all the previous posts and Broofields books.

-HH

So i need to change up the workout a bit for the strength approach for closing the #3. Should i just work low reps with fast crushes with the trainer and #1 and get the #2 and #3 and work with them also with partials and what not....?? Being new to grip training i read you should train crush and pinch or different grips on different workouts so would it matter too much i put in plate pinches or somethin same day as grippers?

Negatives, negatives, negatives.... :happy

listen to snott he knows what he talking about :rock

Very informal... I am just curious how many months did it take to close the beast????

I had the #3 for about 10 months. Sometimes I would use it weekly and there were other times I went for a few months without using it. When I closed it the first time I hadn't used it in about a month.